“A very nice meal in the quarter”

Maximo's Italian Grill
Ranked #1,004 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Gov. Nicholls
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Maximo's the other night. We are the two nuts no restaurant likes to see. We are vegans (spelling?) and basically can not eat anything. We drive wait staff nuts asking how everything is cooked. Well they were happy to accommodate us. We both had nice salads and pasta with tomato sauce and vegetables. The bread was fresh and very tasty. The beer was cold. We sat in the back and watched them cook. Each dish is made fresh as it is ordered. They go to great lengths to cook fresh and present the food in a nice fashion. Everyone was freindly. We had fun. We would go back again in a minute. Enjoy.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This visit I had the Fire Roasted Shrimp appetizer, Duck Parpedelle, Lemon Sorbet! Everyone at my table was thrilled with the meal. Seating room for each table was generous. The atmosphere was warm and inviting.

I also had coffee and we split a bottle of Chianti. Total bill for five with drinks and a tip was $350.00. Pretty typically priced. Other diners in my party tried the Scallops, Crawfish Diablo, Mixed Grill of Seafood, Veal, and Creme Brulee.

I've read a couple of the reviews and would like to say...One couple said they felt uncomfortably under dressed. We were in shorts and were fine and made exceptionally welcome. It is not a bar but you do not have to wear a coat or dress attire.

I would tell everyone spending a week or weekend in the Quarter, this is a can't miss.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Maximo's has been around a while and it shows. The food is the best part of Maximo's even though it isn't your typical New Orleans Italian. If you can sit in the back room near the grill and be a part of the action. My husband and I love the coziness of this room and it's old world feel. Get the ravioli, the osso buco, or any dish really. We haven't had a bad meal here ever.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

As locals, we always try to go to places that we have not been to in a while. Last night we decided to give Maximo's a try as we usually eat at another small italian grill right around the corner. All that I can say is that we had a fantastic experience. The service was out of this world and the food went right along with it. The appetizers are good sized portions and the prosciutto wrapped grilled shrimp were out of this world. The only real complaint that we had with the appetizers was that the tomatoes in the caprese salad were not very flavorful, and were certainly not heirloom tomatoes that were mentioned on the menu. Creole tomatoes are in season and would have been a more flavorful and robust option. The habanero-infused oil used to sear the filet - cooked to perfection, I might add - transferred so much flavor that I was amazed. Further, the restaurant hand makes several types of ravioli, of which we tried the cheese as well as the butternut squash. Both were out of this world.

We sat at the long counter that fronts the open kitchen and interacted with the chef staff throughout our meal. It was definitely a wonderful choice of table. I would recommend those seats to anyone. The chefs were so entertaining, we bought all of them a drink before we left the restaurant.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The only thing we didn't love about NOLA was all of the fried, spicy food covered in butter and rich sauces. We don't eat like that and it was difficult finding healthy meals. Maximos delivered fine Italian cuisine cooked to our liking. We ordered 5 different dishes and salads. Everything was delicious! After ordering, I had changed my mind. The waitress forgot to make the change, but she brought out the first dish I had ordered with the second one following shortly after, no charge. She was very attentive. The decor was lovely and the restrooms, clean. My only complaint was that the first floor was rather warm. They claimed to be having AC issues. The upstairs, where the restrooms are located, was cooler and much more comfortable. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience.