“This tour was well worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tours by Isabelle

Small-Group Tour of Oak Alley and Laura Plantation from New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: locally owned and family run New Orleans tour company,first class, small scale, personalized service since 1979. Experienced and knowledgeable Driver-Guides on board comfortable, top of the line 13 passenger vans enthusiastically will make you fall in love with Louisiana!
Fort Worth, Tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This tour was well worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2011

Although I called at the last minute I decided to do this tour by viewing the reviews on Trip Advisor. I am so glad I did. I can't remember the name of the guide but I have to say she was very knowledgeable and gave us so much information. That was our last day there if not I would have done another tour. There is more to New Orleans then the French Quarter. I was very pleased and glad I did it.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank LaReinaAmparo

Tucson, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Tour of Plantations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I recently visited New Orleans and scheduled an afternoon tour of 2 plantations outside the city. John was our guide, a true "Creole," first generation American born and raised in New Orleans. Not only was he very informative but his 'nativeness' brought so much more to the tour. He was friendly, down to earth and very helpful. As I discovered most New Orleaneans are. The plantations were a study of opposites: Laura Plantation is a traditional Creole home, with ginger bread details but very modest and functional - just a place to come to work the sugar cane fields during season. Run by women might I add. The Oaks Alley Plantation was extravagant and quite modern for the time. Its antebellum design and sheer grandeur was impressive. Built to woo a socialite from the city it was a place to see and be seen.
The drive to the plantations was also very interesting to see the "swamp areas' outside the city.
Highly recommended.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank rwyant
Ottawa, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Informative well run tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Diane, our guide, did an excellent job of answering questions. Information was given in a pleasant interesting way. Seemed to be more expensive than some other tours, but we were very pleased with it.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank Linda36508
San Jose, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“There's a lot to learn about New Orleans outside of the Quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

This tour, which was a last minute decision at the end of a week in New Orleans, was the most meaningful and fascinating thing I did all week. Initially, I was hesitant to go thinking I would end up feeling depressed. In the end it gave me a feeling of connection to the City and it's residents that I didn't get from all the wonderful meals and even the music. I came away with great respect for the fortitude and love residents who went through Katrina have for their home town. My guide was amazingly knowledgeable and shared her personal experiences which made the tour even richer.

3 Thank MelissaAliasSJ
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting and informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

I did the Westbank Plantation tour with Rose and the post-Katrina tour with Joseph. Both were excellent and really gave an insight into NOLA, both past and present. If you are a fan of history, the Westbank tour is for you. You learn a lot about how Louisiana got its start and how difficult it must have been for those early immigrants. The post-Katrina tour is fascinating, and sad. Most of us probably saw the images on the news, but that doesn't tell the whole story. It is also great to see signs of rebuilding, both by Habitat for Humanity (Jimmy Carter's foundation) and Make it Right (Brad Pitt). Highly recommended, despite the cost.

3 Thank sleepyvampire