“A wonderful day - Plantations and Air Boat”
Review of Tours by Isabelle

Small-Group Tour of Oak Alley and Laura Plantation from New Orleans
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: locally owned and family run New Orleans tour company,first class, small scale, personalized service since 1979. Experienced and knowledgeable Driver-Guides on board comfortable, top of the line 13 passenger vans enthusiastically will make you fall in love with Louisiana!
Richmond Hill, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful day - Plantations and Air Boat”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We visited the two plantations and then took the Air Boat ride. The experience was excellent but what really made this a fantastic tour was Ginnie. If you are really lucky then every once in a while you meet a truly special person. Ginnie would be one of them. Ginnie was so knowledgeable and on top of that explained things in such a way as to give us a true New Orleanian's perspective. Ginnie was just as confortable explaining the area's history from 5 years ago as from 150 years ago. Our group of 12 were all really impressed. Our group now has fond memories that will always stay with us.

2 Thank Vagabondlostsoul

San Dimas, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Our Plantation Tour”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I must say our tour was awesome and our tour guide Stanley was amazing. He went beyond the call of duty by not only taking us to the plantations but giving us amazing information about everything along the way. He made our trip so exciting.

When he brought us back to our hotel in the French Quarter it was pouring down rain and as I hurried to get out of the van my cell phone dropped out of my purse. I didn't realize it until about an hour later and my hotel called Isabelle and Stanley had already found it. Isabelle had it returned to me the next morning and I can't tell you how happy I was to get it back.

Tours by Isabelle will be the only tour company I will use in the future when I visit New Orleans. Stanley was kind enough to point out the different tours they offer and I can tell you I will be on another one.

1 Thank Brenda R
Washington, D.C.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible history lesson!”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We truly enjoyed our four hour van tour with Madeleine. She was very knowledgeable about her beloved city and patiently answered all of my husband's questions (he is a history buff). She also tried hard to accomodate her remarks to include everyone's interests. Some in the tour were more interested in knowing where flim stars lived than in getting a history lesson. Madeline was excellent and patiently answered all questions.

1 Thank Saavedra56
Chicago
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very informative”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I have taken this tour twice - shortly after Katrina hit in 2006 and again, recently, in 2011. Each time we were lucky enough to have Ginnie as our tour guide. I highly recommend taking this enlightening tour with her. She definitely knows her stuff. She provided substantial background information on why Katrina was so devastating to New Orleans and the surrounding areas. We toured the French Quarter and beyond, including the locations where the breeches occurred in the levees, St. Bernard parish and the upper and lower 9th wards. Ginnie was very good at answering our questions and providing food for thought.

2 Thank HighKickin58
LEE, NH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Opening up a new perspective”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I've visited NOLA over 12 times since Katrina hit.
Over these past 6 years we have brought down over 3000 college volunteers from the campuses of New England.
It was helpful to get a tour of the entire New Orleans area since my perspective has been working in the Nineth Ward. Joe did a great job of giving us an expansive picture of the damage done and was a very friendly ambassador of New Orleans
tom brink, New Hampshire