“See and Learn”

Ranked #47 of 230 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 13, 2013

A well constructed walking tour. The tour leader was engaging and genuine. The pace was exactly right for us. We are relatively fit 40-somethings...complicated by my wife's knee surgery (ACL) 5-6 weeks prior to our visit. The walk covers a good distance but there are breaks. Some of the breaks are taken in pleasant, private courtyards/gardens of prototypical French Quarter homes. There are opportunities to stop for refreshments and souvenirs. Would definitely recommend this tour...it was first recommended to us by a New Orleans native.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We loved Bill !!

We started out rushing to meet Bill after unexpectedly sleeping in! It was a damp day and we didn't think we would be able to take the tour. I wasn't very upset about it as I tend to like to explore on my own moving at a quicker pace. Tours can make me feel a bit trapped, so I was already reluctant to be going on the tour in the first place. But thankfully the rain did subside and we met Bill.

When Bill started out using an acting and very animated voice we all thought we were in for a long morning. But as he got started and we began to move (thankfully for my ADD) Bill's approach to educating us about the history of the French Quarter and the South couldn't have been more interesting and well presented. As we toured the French Quarter, Bill made our tour intriguing and fun, and by sharing a story about a single family with a huge cast of characters made our experience and history lesson much easier to grasp. Within no time we were all mesmerized, asking questions and really getting into it. Bill is really passionate about his town!

In the end, I was surprised to learn our private tour was so inexpensive. Taking this tour is a must when visiting NOLA with Bill, of course. I look forward to taking Bill's tour again one day. Bill provided us with so much history and knowledge about the many generations of Laura's family that it was difficult to remember every last detail, but I can say with honesty, the four of us were intent on catching each word Bill spoke.

Thanks Bill !! Awesome Tour!!!

P.S. Ask Bill who his famous cousin is?

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We took the VIP tour with Bill Coble, and my daughter and her husband, never very enthusiastic about history, were just entranced with his knowledge and stories. I had read a lot about New Orleans history, but Bill went way beyond what you find when searching casually through the web or history books. Even my husband loved it, and kept bringing up bits and pieces of the tour's tales for the next few days. Usually they are just along for the ride, but here, they participated and loved it!

We met at the designated gift shop, went first to a courtyard across the street where he explained the history of the LaCoul family, both the European and African branches, then on through various locations that intersected with them all. He also took us through the New Orleans history museum and told us stories that went beyond the displays. The last stop on the tour was the Olivier House where we were staying, and he fleshed out its history for us as well and one of the portraits in the parlor is of a LaCoul. That made it even more interesting to stay there.

So, if you wonder which one tour to take, take this one. I can't speak to the group tours, but the VIP tour was just wonderful. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed taking this tour, in our case we had Ina Fandrich as our guide. Fantastic is all I can say. Ina was informative, amusing and had us hanging on every word. The price of 24 bucks p/p is peanuts compared to the richness of this history lesson. Even if you only have a couple of days, reserve a morning to take this tour, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Rose Marie was our tour guide and was wonderful. This tour is well worth the 2.5hrs and was only $24 per person! Great courtyards and other great New Orleans sites!