“YES! This is THE BEST Po Boy in New Orleans!”
Review of Domilise's Po-Boys

Domilise's Po-Boys
Ranked #93 of 2,044 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Well, as a guy born and raised in NOLA, we take Po Boys a seriously as church and hurricanes! These guys WIN! Not on price (reasonable) not on decor and seating (maybe 5 tables always occupied) but simply on Po Boys with Roast Beef that is full and flavor able, or a shrimp Po Boy on toasted French Bread LOADED with fresh fried plump shrimp. I know a great Po Boy when I eat it, and this is THE PLACE to visit!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Saw that Adam Richman had voted this place as having the best sandwich in the USA. So since my husband and I were near New Orleans, I just had to check it out. I ordered THEE Shrimp sandwich and in my opinion the sandwich in the only pic they had of Adam was NOT what I got. My shrimp was really good but the quantity was not there like Adam's. The price was a little high too...$11.00. Don't think I'll be going back but at least I can say "I was there". Just a disappointment!

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

It's an old place and a bit of a hole in the wall but places like this make New Orleans so great. This may have been the best shrimp po-boy I have ever had (and growing up in Louisiana I have had quite a few). The shrimp was freshly fried in small batches and their dressing includes a semi-spicy red sauce which was awesome. A bit out of the way for travelers but I think worth it.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I are native New Orleanians, although we have lived in California since the 90’s. We were in New Orleans on vacation this summer and headed on over to Domilise's for some po-boys. This is a hard restaurant to find if you’re not a local, but it’s worth the time to try to find it. I had a shrimp po-boy and it was excellent. Domilise’s uses New Orleans Leidenheimer French bread and it really makes a difference. The shrimp were delicious and perfectly cooked. One thing Domilise’s does that is a little odd, is that they add a kind of ketchup sauce to the sandwich in advance. I like ketchup so I don’t mind, but if you don’t like ketchup you’ll need to tell them not to add it. Another great thing about Domilise’s is that it’s not too far from Hansen’s Sno Blitz, New Orleans best sno-ball stand. If you have room after your po-boy you can head over to Hansen’s for a sno-ball.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have wanted to visit this place for years! It was definitely worth it! The Po Boys are delicious, fresh, and unique. I had the oyster and my husbad had the shrimp. My daughter doesn't do seafood, so she opted for meatball. The bread really makes the sandwich, as does the sauce. It is tangy, but not too hot. The place is small, so you have to wait for a place to sit. I would recommend getting it to go if possible. The system for ordering, getting drinks, paying, and getting your food is rather odd, and seems like it could be more efficient. That, however, is a small price to pay for a delicious sandwich!