“First night in NOLA for Jazz Fest. Good choice”
Review of Revel Cafe and Bar

Revel Cafe and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Revel Cafe and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #531 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Description: The Dean of New Orleans Bartenders showcases classic cocktails in a neighborhood setting with Chef Jose Ayala whose house-made breads and fresh cuisine and sandwiches make this gastropub a popular spot.
Reviewed May 17, 2018

First timers at JF as we were, we weren't sure what we'd be in the mood for after a long day of sun and music. So we picked this small place up on Carrollton, about a mile from La Belle Esplanade B&B. Good choice! We chose a table outside and after a Sazarac, my wife ordered the pickle, cheese and meat Chef's Choice board. I went for the garlic wings, a salad and the Louisiana crawfish grilled cheese, plus an order of fries to share. The whole deal was a perfect fit for the evening. The food was excellent, the service was good enough (they were slammed) and we went home happy. We'll be back next year.

cwmac1, Owner at Revel Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you so much for coming! We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

OK, You're in NOLA looking for cocktails, no shortage of places but you want something more... Let me recommend Revel on Carrollton at Canal. It will knock your socks off !!! Gourmet Cocktails and Appetizers and I mean GOURMET. just a short trolley ride from the French Quarter. Proprietors, Chris & McMillan, serve up fine traditional mixes and great personal stories of NOLA mixology and dining.

cwmac1, Owner at Revel Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Thank you so much for coming! It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I am not a beer drinker...or even a wine drinker. When I go out, I want a proper cocktail. I found absolute perfection at Revel. Wow. I had a Rum Old Fashioned, and my husband ordered the Un Beso. Just watching them being made was pure art and perfection. The intricate taste and lovely aromatics were even more amazing. Thank you for the most perfect drink I have ever tasted. The cocktails here are simply mind blowing!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate your support and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Brian, our go-to tour guide in NOLA, recommended Revel to my wife and me. Apropos, as his specialty is cocktail tours and it appears that he's friends with everybody in the business. Well, he hasn't let us down yet and with Revel he hit the bulls eye. Famous bartender Chris McMillian makes the most astounding cocktails and the chef's in the kitchen deliver equally delicious food, all at very reasonable prices in a fun, relaxed neighborhood setting. For instance, take note that the crawfish grilled cheese sandwich on house made bread is Not. To. Be. Missed.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

If you are looking for great food AND drinks this is the place to be. Do not miss out! The atmosphere is wonderful and cozy, We had burgers and they were cooked exactly right. Everything is made fresh there , even the bread is baked there fresh! Please go , you will not be disappointed. They have a nice patio if you want to sit outside also.

1  Thank beckyle777
cwmac1, Owner at Revel Cafe and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone. Please come back and we will do it again!