Great staff. Loved Kroco, Cecelia, Deily, John and Blanca. Without being asked, Kroco carried my daughter down to the beach for me a couple of times because I was not used to walking on the rocks and was a little shaky. Beautiful views. Perfect location for surfers. Good food especially when you ask them to just bring down items from Cafe Sunzal. The beach is nonexistent for a good part of the day due to high tide but you can walk 5 minutes along the rocks to get to another beach during those times. There is AC but it is not very powerful but it is sufficient. The only problems I think have to be changed are for safety. The railings are not sufficient at all to hold back a little kid. Call them and let them know if you are traveling with little ones so you can get a first floor room. The new casitas do seem to have better railings going in. The other problem, the deck around the pool needs to be sanded and painted or replaced. My child and another got splinters from running around on it while we were there. Bring pool shoes for the kids until they get this fixed. We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded among the rocks overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Casa de Mar provides the ultimate getaway for those seeking a first class escape for a surfing trip, anniversary or family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Mar Hotel El Sunzal
- Casa De Mar El Sunzal
- Casa De Mar El Salvador/El Sunzal