“Love this place”

Pizza Brutta
Ranked #27 of 983 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

One of my favorite wood fired pizzas in Madison. Salads are great. Service efficient and friendly. This place appreciates their customers and it shows.

Visited June 2014

Leesville, South Carolina
“good place for pizza”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I went there back to back days and had the margherita con bufalo pizza. All the pizzas look good. Both days they cooked our basil on top of the pizza in the oven. It may have been nice to have some fresh basil on it when it came out. The pizza is true neopolitan so you have to start eating this with a fork, as the crust is so thin. They make your wood fired pizza in about 3 minutes. It's a nice neighborhood where my wife liked shopping in the group of eclectic shops.

Visited May 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“My must stop place in Madison.”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I get to Madison twice a year and this is my must stop place. I learned after my first visit that it really simplifies ordering if I just start with the "margherita pizza" which is sauce,cheese,and basil, and add a couple of toppings to that. After a little love in that wood fired oven and perfection!

• Visited May 2014
Green Bay, WI
“I love the farm to table aspect”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Four of us went here because of the tripadvisor rating and I guess I have to say I'm surprised by the rating. I am always looking for farm to table or organic dining, but none of us were crazy wowed by this pizza. I started off with the arugula salad and it was fantastic....fresh, and tasty...felt like I was in Italy. My husband and I ordered the Salame and Funghi pizza and I didn't even taste the mushrooms. Yes, the crust was thin and tasty, but I wanted to taste the mushrooms. I also, thought the sauce on that pizza was too salty. I would rather it had tasted tomatoey. I can't say it was the best pizza I have ever had, but I loved the fact that they are healthier than other restaurants, so I have to give them some rubs.

My son and girlfriend ordered the Cremini pizza...now, if I had ordered that, I would have been happier. It wasn't as salty, since it doesn't have red sauce and I tasted the mushrooms. They also ordered the Salsiccia pizza and the fennel sausage and onions were very tasty. It looks like I ordered the wrong pizza, which I still think could have been better.

I didn't mind the dining experience...in fact, I enjoyed it. I loved the wood, the brick, the cute booths and the quaintness of menus written on chalkboards. Even the outside of this pizzaria is charming. The wait staff were friendly and accommodating, letting me try a sip of wine before I bought it. That was nice. But the pizza we ordered was disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TennisgalGreenBay_WI
Dublin, Ohio
“Okay place to eat but not to dine”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

You order at the counter, take your table, and they bring you your food like you would at Five Guys. Since this was the top rated restaurant in all of Madison, I guess I expected more. I have to rate it "poor" from a dining perspective. However, the food is made with good ingredients and was served quickly.

• Visited April 2014