All reviews lake mendota other guests private pier swedish pancakes gothic revival hideaway room breakfast was delicious modern conveniences complimentary glass of wine b bs restaurant suggestions wonderful hosts bed and breakfast a lovely stay min walk we loved our stay lovely room
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this beautiful inn. It was decorated for Halloween and Peggy, one of the owners was so fun to visit with and we felt so comfortable there. Our room was great and we can't wait to go back. One of our favorite B & B experiences!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Peggy and Dave were just superb and so very accommodating. I just loved my stay and location can not be beat. Being a gay couple we just love how we were treated and made to feel accepted. In fact I hear they do weddings at the Livingston so this is wonderful place to get married as well. I would stay here again and all my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The room was incredibly lovely. It was very clean and beautifully decorated. The fireplace made for such a romantic, relaxing and renewing ambiance in the room. I would definately go back in a heart beat! Peggy and Dave were very gracious hosts and they made us feel very welcome and at home. The breakfast was excellent, the food and the conversation and the other people at the Inn as well as Peggy and Dave all made our breakfast experience so warming and happy. I would highly recommend the Livingston Inn. It was a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: If you are there for romance, the Leitch room is top notch!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Staying at the Livingston Inn was a wonderful experience. The space is wonderful and Dave and Peggy do a excellent job hosting and making you feel at home. It is refreshing to see a business that is truly family operated, as the entire family pitches in. The breakfast was amazing (my husband is a big fan of Joanna's granola)! We highly recommend the experience. Be sure to take the time to walk down to the lake.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed at many B & B's over the years and have stayed in great and not so great places. The Livingston Inn is right up there with the best of Europe and the US. The staff was caring and attentive without being overbearing. They gave me good advise on Madison attractions. The home and my room/suite was beautifully appointed.

This was not a normal B & B continental breakfast. I was served wonderful french toast....eggs as I asked for them with crisp bacon as well as fresh fruit and all the other items one would expect from a first class breakfast. Even was given a copy of the local paper and the New York Times. Breakfast nirvana for me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family