All reviewslake mendotaother guestsprivate pierswedish pancakesgothic revivalhideaway roombreakfast was deliciousmodern conveniencescomplimentary glass of wineb bsrestaurant suggestionswonderful hostsbed and breakfasta lovely staymin walkwe loved our staylovely room
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is a beautiful home, set back on a large lawn and just a stone's throw and with access to Lake Mendota. We were shown to a lovely room and hit the streets to find a place for supper. This home is a few blocks from the State Capitol Square, just lined with restaurants and shops that you need to experience in Madison. Had a great night's sleep and planned to skip breakfast because we were anxious to visit our family, but are we ever glad we stayed. There was lots of hot coffee and coffee cake, yoghurt and berries and juice and then out came a hot egg dish, with sausage and potatoes....

It was just so natural sitting around the dining table and talking with the other guests and our hosts. We usually stay with family in Madison but are seriously thinking about alternating, and staying at the Livingston Inn every other visit.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front of the house and found this view to be great!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank eleanorandjbgrandma
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My sister and I stayed here in April 2012 on a Sunday and Monday night. Even in the rain we could feel the warm welcoming atmosphere of this historic B&B. We enjoyed sipping wine and sharing stories with Peggy. Dave's warm, calm sharing of information guided us on where to find neighborhood shops to enjoy. My favorite spot was sitting in the window seat reading my book with views of the front garden and the lake while the gas fireplace removed the chill from a short walk to the neighborhood pizza place! The B&B food was excellent, coffee was strong, and yes, we'd stay again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lake Mendota Room, very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Beautiful historic home, walking distance from downtown and the lake. Piece of living history. Delightful conversation w/innkeepers, delicious food. This is the place to stay in Madison!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is a great setting where guests are drawn into experiencing an appreciation for historical design, and the soothing comfort of a home, where Peggy and Dave Furlan embrace the history and add gracious service for guests. Sumptuous home served breakfasts and informal early evening wine sampling gatherings - in the inviting fireplace living room - spark diverse conversation of places traveled, and a warm welcome to their home.The history of the 160-year old Gothic revival mansion makes an excellent getaway, or business trip, with the natural charm of Midwestern hospitality.
Thank you Peggy and Dave!!!!

Continue reading on Examiner.com Top pick: Living arts in Madison, WI - National Travel | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/travel-in-national/top-pick-living-arts-madison-wi#ixzz1sJtiLlzd

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I traveled to Madison for the birth of my first grand baby. My daughter had visited the Inn earlier and chose the Willow room for me. It was just lovely, I so enjoyed the fireplace after a long day of traveling. As an innkeeper myself, I have pretty high standards, and I recommend this inn and the lovely innkeepers without hesitation. Breakfast was beautiful, generous and very tasty. Our every need was met, Peggy and Dave went out of their way for our comfort, and they clearly love people and their historic Inn. I'm looking forward to a return visit soon!

Room Tip: Choosing a room is difficult as they are all beautiful. The Willow room has the sink outside the bathroom, so this worked great for us, traveling with my daughter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family