All reviewslake mendotaother guestsprivate pierswedish pancakesgothic revivalhideaway roombreakfast was deliciousmodern conveniencescomplimentary glass of wineb bsrestaurant suggestionswonderful hostsbed and breakfasta lovely staymin walkwe loved our staylovely room
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My sister and I stayed here in April 2012 on a Sunday and Monday night. Even in the rain we could feel the warm welcoming atmosphere of this historic B&B. We enjoyed sipping wine and sharing stories with Peggy. Dave's warm, calm sharing of information guided us on where to find neighborhood shops to enjoy. My favorite spot was sitting in the window seat reading my book with views of the front garden and the lake while the gas fireplace removed the chill from a short walk to the neighborhood pizza place! The B&B food was excellent, coffee was strong, and yes, we'd stay again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lake Mendota Room, very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Beautiful historic home, walking distance from downtown and the lake. Piece of living history. Delightful conversation w/innkeepers, delicious food. This is the place to stay in Madison!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is a great setting where guests are drawn into experiencing an appreciation for historical design, and the soothing comfort of a home, where Peggy and Dave Furlan embrace the history and add gracious service for guests. Sumptuous home served breakfasts and informal early evening wine sampling gatherings - in the inviting fireplace living room - spark diverse conversation of places traveled, and a warm welcome to their home.The history of the 160-year old Gothic revival mansion makes an excellent getaway, or business trip, with the natural charm of Midwestern hospitality.
Thank you Peggy and Dave!!!!

Continue reading on Examiner.com Top pick: Living arts in Madison, WI - National Travel | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/travel-in-national/top-pick-living-arts-madison-wi#ixzz1sJtiLlzd

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I traveled to Madison for the birth of my first grand baby. My daughter had visited the Inn earlier and chose the Willow room for me. It was just lovely, I so enjoyed the fireplace after a long day of traveling. As an innkeeper myself, I have pretty high standards, and I recommend this inn and the lovely innkeepers without hesitation. Breakfast was beautiful, generous and very tasty. Our every need was met, Peggy and Dave went out of their way for our comfort, and they clearly love people and their historic Inn. I'm looking forward to a return visit soon!

Room Tip: Choosing a room is difficult as they are all beautiful. The Willow room has the sink outside the bathroom, so this worked great for us, traveling with my daughter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank happypaddler11
Reviewed February 23, 2012

First, the Livingston Inn is wonderfully located a mere steps from the lake and a very short walk from the State Capitol building and all the restaurants and shopping of that area. Second, the inn is absolutely beautiful -- lovingly maintained, delightfully decorated, warm, and rich. Everywhere you look has interest and texture, without ever being gaudy or too much. Despite its decidedly old world feel, it does it so seamlessly and without being stuffy or dated. Our bedroom featured fabric wallpapered walls, a separate seating area, vaulted ceilings and a gas fireplace that only added to the charm and warmth of the furnishings. The two person shower and Aveda bath products only helped make it feel more like a retreat.

Another real delight is the family who runs the Inn. Peggy is warm, make you feel at home, has a great sense of humor and has great insight/advice about everything Madison.

Of course, it's not just a bed that makes a B&B. Peggy served a lovely wine and cheese hour in the evening, followed by an absolutely incredible breakfast spread. Yogurt and fruit, delicious homemade coffee cake and bread, and an asparagus egg souffle, bacon, toast-- essentially, the works. Everything on the table showed the same style, attention to detail and class that gives everything about staying here the feel that there's something truly special going on.

We will absolutely be back for anther treat.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple