“Try the chicken curry” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maharani Indian Restaurant
Ranked #193 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Luck, Wisconsin
“Try the chicken curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were staying across the street at the Hyatt Place and my wife and I ordered carryout. The only dish we had was chicken curry, but it was phenomenal and we are looking to returning to enjoy a full meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank OutofLuck

Wisconsin
“solid food but service could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I just had dinner there. The food good. Not outstanding but better than most. Service was friendly but slow. I ordered my curry medium but it was very hot for my tastes. I am used to medium being just fine but this was so hot I couldn't finish. We would go again but are likely to go to Swagat's for our next Indian meal. Also, the prices seemed a bit high compared to the alternatives in Madison.

• Visited November 2012
Romney, West Virginia
“Excellent food. Good selection for vegetarians and meat eaters.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Could be the best Indian lunch buffet I've been to anywhere - England and India included. Wonderful variety, excellent spicing (flavorful without being overpoweringly hot). I'm vegetarian, and most other Indian buffets don't have as many veggies and are long on starchy dishes. On my must-do list every time I visit Madison. Staff can have a somewhat indifferent attitude, but hey, it's a buffet. They keep everything well supplied and get me whatever I ask for. That's all I need. Don't need ego stroking, just good food. Sometimes parking close by can be difficult. You might have to walk half a block. No big deal.

• Visited July 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Leftovers from lunch for dinner and poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I live close to this Indian restaurant and really want it to be good so that we can frequent it. However, with each visit, the service seems to get worse. The servers mumble, do not smile, and do not seem to value their customers. Usually we deal with three or four different people at our table rather than having one person who seats us and one who serves us. Most recently, the server just sort of dropped plates on the table as if they were scraps. And in fact, we saw that the meat in the masala had a skewer hole in it and was very tough. We ordered chicken tikka masala but this meat was unidentifiable - it must have been something left over from the lunch buffet that they tossed in for our late dinner meal. Disgusting!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rockford, Illinois
“Wonderful Flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went here for the first time on labor day weekend. I had the lunch buffet for $12. The buffet was great, with a nice variety of veggie and meat dishes. My favorites were the veggie samosas, the palak paneer, and the garlic chicken. All of the food was hot and fresh... nothing soggy or dry like you might get at a buffet. The service for our beverages was quick, and the restaurant wasn't too busy. The only thing I don't like is that the prices on the menu are a little high... though you do get huge portions and the food is very good. Anyway, this is a great restaurant with authentic and tasty food. I highly recommend it if you're in the Madison area.

• Visited September 2012