“Great Indian Food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visited Madison on business and was looking for good Indian Food. This restaurant came highly recommended by the hotel staff and I was very pleased with the food quality and friendly service.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Clean, well-prepared food and service was prompt. The lunch buffet was the best deal. They open for lunch at 11:30AM week-days.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent food and service. We ate early evening, and it was quiet, but it sure picked up before we left. Need to return for the famous lunch buffet.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We visited for the weekend buffet. The selection was excellent-a wide variety of vegetarian dishes as well. The paneer masala is delicious; my favorite on the buffet. I agree with the previous reviewers regarding service. It is not the best. The staff that "greets" you are not friendly at all, they act as if you are bothering them by coming in. Odd that the person assigned to greet customers would behave this way. The staff filling our waters and taking used plates were very attentive-I must have gotten at least five refills on my water during our visit and never had to ask. However, our main server was quiet, slow to bring the naan (an improvement from last time, when we never got any!), and hardly spoke to us. We didn't really mind because the food was so good! On our last visit, we came near the end of the buffet. They didn't bring us any naan, acted extremely put-out that we were there, and then started shutting off lights while we were still eating! Very rude! I was not willing to give them another chance at first, but I'm glad I did. My second visit was much better. If you love authentic Indian food (and are able to tolerate sub-par service) this is a fantastic place to visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Was in Madison for a wedding and was staying at the Hyatt downtown which was right across from this restaurant. Reviews were good on yelp so decided to try out the lunch buffet and I was not disappointed. They had a bigger than normal selection of items and most importantly it was all fresh. A lot of times indian buffets have food that feels like it is a day or two old but this place each and every item was fresh. The goat curry was da bomb, the meat was tender and the curry had the perfect zing to it. The tandoori chicken was extremely good and fresh and so was the chicken tawa tikka. They even had one indo-chinese item, i.e. chicken manchurian which most indian restaurants screw up really badly but this one was by far one of the best I've had (probably second only to the restaurants on Oak Tree in Edison, NJ).

I focused my attention on the non-veg but my wife is veg and she said the veg items were pretty good too. The paneer makhni was the only item she said wasn't all that.

What else, hmm ... they have outdoor seating which is nice and the decor indoor is nice too. Oh yes, and they have a good selection of Indian beers as well as Indian wines (which is rare).

Frankly, I didn't expect to find such a good indian restaurant in Madison that too right across our hote. :-)