“Lost Their Way”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have, in the past, enjoyed dinners at Brasserie V. Based on our latest experience, we believe that this restaurant has lost their way. Very limited menu options (Pork Belly, Duck Leg, Sea Bass and Sea Bass) and their specials of Flat Iron Steak and Mussels. THe evenings special was Hamburger. We selected Sea Bass, Steak and Mussels. The Sea Bass was cooked poorly with a definite 'off taste'. Steak and Mussels were acceptable. My tap German Oktoberfest beer was flat. Very unimaginative menus options. We may return for lunch in the future. Dinner is a non-option based on quality and limited, unimaginative menu.

1  Thank GiseppeGord

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I decided upon this restaurant on a Friday night in Madison. The atmosphere was very welcoming and very upbeat. There were options to eat at the bar, at a counter that faced the street ( a great spot to eat, talk and people watch) or at tables. We chose the table option because there was wait service. I had lots of questions about the many beer options available. The waitress was very helpful and gave me suggestions and samples based on some of my preferences. My husband had the V burger which he really enjoyed, he is a lover of garlic and it had lots. I chose the fries and the mussels. Both were very good. Loved, loved, loved the fries. Great overall experience.

1  Thank DesireeJ1110
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Walking down Monroe street, we found this place. 262 beers on the menu. We had no idea what to order, so we told the bartender what we were used to and what we liked. The beer we had was St. Bernard something. It was $8.50. It was worth it.
I had a half sandwich soup lunch. Sandwich was $7.00/ BLT with avacado, soup was tomato basil with a spicy kick. Glad we found this place. My partner had the $12.00 fully loaded angus burger on a pretzel bun (I think). He said it was excellent. It had Feta on it too.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had my usual favorite (V-burger) and my wife had the turkey sandwich. I may have to switch things up next time and try the turkey. What an amazing layering of flavors in what seems to be a simple sandwich. The expansion blew me away as well. The new V is twice as big as it used to be. You absolutely can't wrong here between the quality of food and extensive beer selection.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The very clean, uncluttered dining area is extremely inviting. Our waiter was friendly, helpful, and even asked if there was something wrong with the chips when someone in our party didn't finish them all. He then gladly offered to replace them with another side. Our sandwiches were perfect and the beer selection is outstanding. Brasserie V just made its way onto our Madison favorites list.