“262 beers, BLT & avacado sandwich; all good”

Brasserie V - Neighborhood Eatery & Tap Room
Ranked #39 of 983 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, French, Belgian, European
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
wisconsin
“262 beers, BLT & avacado sandwich; all good”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Walking down Monroe street, we found this place. 262 beers on the menu. We had no idea what to order, so we told the bartender what we were used to and what we liked. The beer we had was St. Bernard something. It was $8.50. It was worth it.
I had a half sandwich soup lunch. Sandwich was $7.00/ BLT with avacado, soup was tomato basil with a spicy kick. Glad we found this place. My partner had the $12.00 fully loaded angus burger on a pretzel bun (I think). He said it was excellent. It had Feta on it too.

• Visited August 2013

Barneve
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A quick lunch”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had my usual favorite (V-burger) and my wife had the turkey sandwich. I may have to switch things up next time and try the turkey. What an amazing layering of flavors in what seems to be a simple sandwich. The expansion blew me away as well. The new V is twice as big as it used to be. You absolutely can't wrong here between the quality of food and extensive beer selection.

Visited August 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Food, Beer, Service = Excellent”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The very clean, uncluttered dining area is extremely inviting. Our waiter was friendly, helpful, and even asked if there was something wrong with the chips when someone in our party didn't finish them all. He then gladly offered to replace them with another side. Our sandwiches were perfect and the beer selection is outstanding. Brasserie V just made its way onto our Madison favorites list.

• Visited August 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Entrees with no sides.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ordered roast duck ($20.). No bread or salad was offered or served beforehand. I assumed (unsafe) that the entree would be served with a side of vegetables or something! The duck was served on a bed of mashed (pureed) potatoes with a sprig of asparagus. That was it! I asked the waitress if that was it. She apologized and brought a salad and bread. She said it was on her.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank bill m
Palo Alto, CA
“Comfy brasserie”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stopped here after flying into Madison from CA. The wait staff are exceedingly friendly and attentive.

We liked our beer and wine. The kids liked their black cherry and vanilla bean sodas.

We started with crispy chickpeas. Yummy.

We tried the steak and frites, blta, hamburger and cheesy apple panini. All good.

Dessert was local chocolates and vanilla pot de creme. Just the right size.

The ambience is so nice. Laid back, lots of wood and open space. Bustling but not deafening. Will probably eat here again on this trip.

• Visited July 2013