“Comfy brasserie”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Palo Alto, CA
“Comfy brasserie”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stopped here after flying into Madison from CA. The wait staff are exceedingly friendly and attentive.

We liked our beer and wine. The kids liked their black cherry and vanilla bean sodas.

We started with crispy chickpeas. Yummy.

We tried the steak and frites, blta, hamburger and cheesy apple panini. All good.

Dessert was local chocolates and vanilla pot de creme. Just the right size.

The ambience is so nice. Laid back, lots of wood and open space. Bustling but not deafening. Will probably eat here again on this trip.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Best French Fries in Town”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been to this restaurant three times now. They have recently expanded and the service can be a little slow. However, the food is really excellent. They have some very nice menu items, and have small plates as well as larger fare. I've had their Croque Monsieur with an egg on top, tomato basil soup, their version of a BLT, and beef barley soup. All of it was excellent.

Newbury, New Hampshire
“Low key atmosphere, world class consumables”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

After seeing great reviews of this place online, I drove about a half mile past it before deciding to turn around and try it. So glad I did. The special of the day was a turkey sandwich with cumin marinated veggies, caramelized onions and spiced cream cheese. It was honestly one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life.

The beer selection is second to none, I had two great beers and lunch for $21, unbeatable. . . unbelievable.

Try.this.place.

Chicago, Illinois
“Better Steak Friets than I had in Belgium”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

An unlikely find in Midwest American. Great selection of Belgian beer, many on tap. Very good service. Really good food! We were recently in Brugge, Belgium and I had a better steak friets here! Amazing. I definitely recommend this establishment.

Port Townsend, Washington
“Great food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were here for dinner which was very good. This is really all about the meal and drinks. As for dessert, there are much better places for dessert. But, we will definitely come here again for a meal.

Visited June 2013