“Best French Fries in Town”

Brasserie V - Neighborhood Eatery & Tap Room
Ranked #35 of 1,008 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been to this restaurant three times now. They have recently expanded and the service can be a little slow. However, the food is really excellent. They have some very nice menu items, and have small plates as well as larger fare. I've had their Croque Monsieur with an egg on top, tomato basil soup, their version of a BLT, and beef barley soup. All of it was excellent.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

After seeing great reviews of this place online, I drove about a half mile past it before deciding to turn around and try it. So glad I did. The special of the day was a turkey sandwich with cumin marinated veggies, caramelized onions and spiced cream cheese. It was honestly one of the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life.

The beer selection is second to none, I had two great beers and lunch for $21, unbeatable. . . unbelievable.

Try.this.place.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

An unlikely find in Midwest American. Great selection of Belgian beer, many on tap. Very good service. Really good food! We were recently in Brugge, Belgium and I had a better steak friets here! Amazing. I definitely recommend this establishment.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were here for dinner which was very good. This is really all about the meal and drinks. As for dessert, there are much better places for dessert. But, we will definitely come here again for a meal.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We've been there three times over the past year and had three really good experiences. Most recently, we had a late dinner after a show. My husbands burger was really good. I had a small Belgian salad with the duck breast and it made a really good dinner - although not quite the healthy dinner I had visualized.But it was SOOOO good!

Once we came in after the kitchen was closed and the bartender put together a cheese plate for us - they have that kind of service! And the cheeses were excellent.

I'm not much of a beer fan, but the selection was great and the waitress helped me select something that I really liked.