Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University Avenue
Transit: There is a bus stop right outside of our patio, on the corner of University & Midvale
Description: Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.
Madison, WI
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I am usually not a "ala carte pricing" kind of girl. I'd rather see a charge for $75 for the whole meal than for anyone to try to tell me that the baked potato was worth $8...HOWEVER, we got a $50 coupon in the mail from American Express so we figured we'd give it a try.

WOW, WOW, WOW -- from the gentleman opening the door, to our server, to the food, everything was completely excellent. Amazing steaks, salad, soup, bread on the table -- really top notch!

It was our anniversary and my husband had told them when he made the reservation. There was an anniversary card on the table when we got there and the server gave us a box of truffles and a $25 coupon card for a future visit.

When you're looking for a dress-up, special occasion place, this is it -- but expect pricy!!

• Visited December 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Hate to let the cat out of the bag, but............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to try Fleming's for a quick bite before a movie at the suggestion of a friend. Our goal was to eat at the bar and try a special they have called 5 for $6 til 7. This means there are 5 featured cocktails, 5 featured wines, 5 featured appetizers, a Prime Burger, and a seasonal beet on this menu. Any item costs $6 and the menu is available from 5-7pm. First time we went there I ordered the burger and beer. The latter as it turns out was $6 for two bottles of the seasonal beer, which were served with a bowl of chips to munch on until the food came. I fully thought the burger would amount to a slider and a couple of chips. Much to my surprise it was a huge gourmet burger with some onion rings and sauce for dipping. My wife also had a burger and a glass of wine. We walked out of the place stuffed after paying our $24 bill. I might add, adding a tip was no problem because the service was superb and we never felt rushed.

Wen back a second time with some friends and sat in a booth in the bar area. This time we ordered burgers again, had some martinis ---same great experience. I did try another appetizer, the calamari. Again, being the cynic that I am I expected a pretty small portion, and again was proven wrong by a heaping plateful of tasty morsels that more than satisfied my robust appetite. We all four left with a big smile because the food, atmosphere and service were superb.

So I hate to advertise this "rare find" for fear that the next time I go there will be no room at the bar area. If you are looking for a great meal on a weekday or weekend try Fleming's 5 for $6 til 7. You will not be disappointed. As for us we might be there or trying the main dining room.

• Visited November 2012
Janesville
“Best steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my husband Saturday night to celebrate a new job he got. Was very happy with my choice of restaurants. My husband had the large filet & he said it was "the best filet he's ever had in his life". I had the ribeye and it was also excellent. Great taste! Very nice atmosphere and great service.

Typical of all upscale steak houses the prices demand the high-quality steaks you receive. This is not a place you just casually drop in to eat. It is a special occasion restaurant. For the two of us with the tip it was $175. This included one mixed drink and both of us had desserts.

We will definately go back for a special occasion and highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Flemings for us is a special events restaurant as it is definitely on the pricey side. This week we had a terrific bone-in Ribeye steak there and to-die-for Flemings Potatoes (with cream, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese). The service was very good. The atmosphere is upscale and for special events like birthdays or anniversaries it is nice to go to a restaurant where people are dressed up for dinner.

• Visited September 2012
Verona, Wisconsin
“Exceptional steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fleming's falls into our special occasions category but they also offer special opportunities for savings from time to time. The food is truly exceptional, the service is great, and it's a very romantic environment.

Visited February 2012