“Love the atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First time going... was a treat! The flights of margaritas... a wonderful idea! Loved the decor & atmosphere. I had the crispy tilapia taco & the Pork belly taco... Loved the pork belly.. the tilapia was a little "too fishy" for my taste. Usually tilapia doesn't have a fish taste- but this one did. Would have loved to see more salsa options on the salsa bar- but it was very good anyways! Would definetly recommend this establishment & will be a returner!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My birthday dinner did not disappoint! The place is fun to be in with interesting decor. We were seated promptly on a Monday night (kids eat free night). Our waiter was absolutely wonderful! I wish I could remember his name! I ordered the Frito burrito chimi style, husband ordered the Atwood burrito, and our daughter got the cheese quesadilla w/ fruit. Our waiter saw that our daughter was getting antsy as were walking around (she's a couple months shy of 2), so he brought her food out first! Everything was wonderful! I love chimichangas, but when they put the sauce on them, it kind of makes them a little soft, so I think I could have skipped the chimi style and it still would have been excellent. My husband enjoyed his burrito, and my daughter scarfed her meal down, and loved the couple of grapes and mandarin oranges she received. Overall, it was a great experience and we'll be back soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is by far my favorite restraunt on the east side of Madison. The tacos are great and cheap drinks! Also the salsa bar is a great addition!. Love the toco palace and look forward to visiting again soon.

1  Thank John A
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I love the atmosphere at Tex Tubbs. I heard they are closing and I am really sorry to hear that. It is a nice neighborhood restaurant. Good Food Good Variety of different tex mex recipes.

1  Thank donnahue90
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Tex Tubb's review just in, fantastic and original! Highly recommended for those who prefer a more culinary taco. I had fried avacado, feta, zucchini, chard, and bean tacos! The Best! I sampled the Tilapia taco, veggie tostada and jicima salad with great ratings. They also offer a salsa bar, fresh chips, margarita samplers, and original fusion recipes. :-)

1  Thank FoodAmbassador