“Great variety!”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great variety!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I went here with my vegetarian sister and a friend. there was a bit of a wait when we got there which is probably normal since it is rather small. But, the wait wasn't so bad cause we got to have a beer while we waited!

Once you are seated there is a salsa bar you can help yourself to, and includes various flavors to suit anyone's tastes.

There are many tacos to choose from, vegetarian, fish or meat. Every single one looks incredible! My favorite part was you could choose 2-3 different types of tacos on one plate. For the adventurous eaters this was ideal. Some of the selections are sweet potato tacos, Cuban and fried avocado! YUMMMMY! Then you could pick from various sides, all being divine!

The prices are under $10 a plate, so sounds good to me!

• Visited March 2012

Monona, Wisconsin
“No Regrets Visiting Tex Tubb's!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I haven't had Mexican food as great as this wonderful restaurant's in ages, well besides my mother's home-cookin' that is! I had the "Gun Barrel" 2-Enchilada, black beans, rice, and 2-hardshell taco meal, and ate every bit of it, because of such great authentic flavor. I also had a Raspberry Limeade beverage which didn't taste as I expected, but was good enough to sip on. The menu items are average-priced, the restaurant has lots of character, fast & friendly staff/service, a bar, a skylight, and very clean, including the restrooms. Considering it was my first time in there, I will definitely return, and recommend it to others!!!

Visited March 2012
Madison, WI
“great margaritas”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

and fab cheese dip. food varies - their menu changes frequently

Plainwell, Michigan
“Great tacos, unique dishes & I like the salsa bar”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I recently took some out of town family guests to Tex Tubb's. Sometimes it takes someone else's perspective to make you realize how good you've got it. I took them to Tex Tubb's because I've never had a bad meal there. They have great queso and guacamole, and a salsa bar for their chips, where you can mix and pick what you want.
I typically get the tacos, and I usually get one or two I know are good, and then try a different one every time. My old standbys are the portabella-mushroom-goat cheese-pumpkin-seed taco (yes, pumpkin seeds) which is surprisingly good and I occasionally crave it. Then there's the avocado frito, a fried avocado taco with feta cheese that is just delightful. I used to get a lemon-shrimp taco but they stopped offering it (pout).
This last time, it was close to Thanksgiving, so I tried a sweet potato taco - which was pretty good. In the past, I can remember a roasted vegetable taco that was worth repeating. And let me be clear here: I am NOT a vegetarian! I realize everything I just listed is a vegetarian taco (three years ago, I would have thought those two words didn't go together) but it's actually really good!
My friends had burritos, and this is the point where I forgot how spoiled we are in Madison at Tex Tubbs. They were ooh'ing and ahh'ing about how wonderful they tasted, how big and filling they were, and ended the meal saying how it was the best burrito they had ever had. I was showing them around the city, trying to convince them to move here, and I think Tex Tubb's was the right introduction.

• Visited November 2011
Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Such a yummy surprise, really great unique tacos”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is not your regular taco joint. It has flair! We had 7 different tacos and 6 of 7 were phenomenal (the fried avocado taco sounded amazing but with only 1 piece of fried avocado tasted more like a plain black bean taco). Everything from a Ms. Saigon taco to a chipotle beef taco were amazing. I would recommend stopping bye. We happened to make the Happy Hour where we tried the magaritas and they were delicious.

• Visited July 2011