“Got together with my husband here...thank you wonderful boots of beer!”
Review of The Come Back In

The Come Back In
Ranked #224 of 1,014 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: The Come Back In is Madison's downtown neighborhood bar, featuring local beers, live music, late-night goodies and free parking.
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Got together with my husband here...thank you wonderful boots of beer!

Reviewed May 21, 2008

bloody mary with breakfast, [--] yeah!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We were looking for a place to eat quite late at night on a Tuesday, drove by Essen Haus and Come Back In, and decided to give it a try at Come Back In. Bar setting. Not busy that night. Bartender invited us to sit at any table. Sat there for a long time (probably 10 minutes) and no server came by. Saw an older man (could be the manager), and I grabbed him and asked for service (at which time I heard the bartender say "Oh my god I forgot!"). This man personally waited our table. We ordered a German sausage combo platter and a mini sandwich quartet sizzler platter. The sausage tasted ordinary, and the sauerkraut tasted day-old. One of the four mini sandwiches in the other order came without its meat (jerk pork), just a small mini bun with a dab of chipotle sauce. After I told the gentleman serving us, he apologized and took $2 off the $7 price of the sandwich platter. Overall it was really disappointing, although the gentleman was very nice and polite. Either on the menu or on some card placed on the table they explain the name "Come Back In", but unfortunately before the end of the meal we just wanted to "Go Back Out".

Reviewed March 28, 2008

Actually not bad food. Go for breakfast. With the order of any breakfast entree you can get anything on tap for just a dollar. I got a Guiness and it was like 2 pints in one. Crazy.

Reviewed January 13, 2008

2 stars for breakfast but 4 stars for bartime

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to The Come Back In? Share your experiences!