“Don't miss the pancakes!”
Review of The Come Back In

The Come Back In
Ranked #224 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: The Come Back In is Madison's downtown neighborhood bar, featuring local beers, live music, late-night goodies and free parking.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We ate breakfast here two days in a row as part of our stay at the Hotel Ruby Marie. Both times we found the food plentiful, the service great and the pancakes to be the bomb! The first day my boyfriend had the Walleye and eggs, it was fabulous. It came with pancakes that were so good I had to order them the second day. They even have peanut butter syrup upon request!
It's not fancy, it is a bar, but the food is great and the service friendly.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This can't be beat! My teenage son was ready to move to Madison and still talks about this place. Who can get prime rib and a mimosa with their eggs? There is no place like it and it should be showcased. Who cares about the floor! This is a college town!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Utterly disappointing.

A few months ago I went to the Come Back In for dinner and drinks around 8-9pm with a friend since it is the main hang out place for some of friends. When we went in to eat, the food was cold and extremely salty and the place was filthy with popcorn all over the floor.

The last time we went we visited primarily for drinks and free popcorn as well as to meet up with friends. We went outside for a break and I was approached by an inebriated guest of the bar that started with harassing me verbally and proceeded to sexually harass me in front of my husband. Since it was close to bar time, my husband grabbed the bouncer to remove the guest without calling the cops or handling the situation ourselves. The bouncer came out, took our full drinks and locked us outside with the fool who continued to push against my friends and me. Not only did the bouncer create a threatening environment for us, but also threw away $20 of our money worth of drinks. It was a nightmare. Who I presume was the owner or bar manager (man in his 70’s) eventually came out as we screamed to have the bouncer let us back in and finally settled the situation where the bouncer left, again, and hid back inside.

I have never been so scared in my life. Won’t be going back.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The beer is great, the people always fun. Good food. Get fat pretzels with mustard from next door (attached) - but don't eat anything else next door. Really bad attemt at German food there.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This place was part our Inn's special. We got to have breakfast here on the weekend when we stayed at the Hotel Ruby Marie. The menu is diverse, they specialize in eggs benedict. They make their sauce with rosemary. I was not a fan of it served this way.