“Excellent small plates”

Eno Vino Wine Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Eno Vino Wine Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,008 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Sauk Road
Description: Eno Vino offers over 150 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass as well as a full bar featuring their own Specialty Martinis and other Original Libations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoy Eno Vino once a month or so. Lots of great wine selections and small plates are awesome. It is hard not to pass up the Lobster bisque.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went here twice one week while in town. Lots of fun and the food is very good. I had the brushcetta and Hanger steak. Both were very tasty. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Not a great place for kids but I don't think it was intended for that.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times in the last year and each time I remember why I like it so much: the tasty food. While it is a tapas-style restaurant offering smaller plates ideal for sharing, some dishes are much larger than others and therefore a much better bang for your buck. The chicken skewers, for example, are delicious and plentiful, while the truffle fries (a MUST-order, if you ask me!) are the same price ($12) and come in a smaller batch. Too many times I've found myself ordering too much food and gaping when the 4th dish is on its way out and my guests and I are stuffed; definitely ASK your server about the portions of the dishes you are considering so that you can gauge how much food to get for your party.

Service is generally okay - it can be difficult to track down your server for a refill or to order another dish. The food typically arrives promptly, however, which is a plus.

As someone who is not a big drinker, I found that the wine flights were a fun way to try out three different types of wines all at once. There is also a small selection of beers available for those who are less-inclined to drink wine.

This is one of those places you visit a few times each year because the food is so good but the price can be high. Worth trying if you've never been here!

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we were recently in Madison, my husband suggested going to Eno Vino. We did not know what to expect, but it turned out to be a very nice surprise.

This is a small plate resturant and the serving size is that of an appetizer. The idea is similar to that of a tapas resturant. The menu is varied among the meat entrees - seafood, beef, and pork. The dishes were delicious and came to the table within a reasonable time frame. The service is excellent and attentative without being overbearing.

Of course with this establishment being a wine bar, the wine list is extensive and excellent. My husband and I had an wonderful Pino Gris. The servicer was very helpful with our selection. The ability to choose the wine from an iPad was neat "techy" option.

Yes, the meal may be more expensive than in a most traditional resturants. However, it was no more expensive than the other upscale small plate establishment I have frequented. However, the quality and presentation of the small plates and the service justifiy the cost.

We recommend Eno Vino and definately plan to return when we visit Madison again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant offers an interesting menu of hors devours, appetizers and desserts that are intended to replace the need for entrees. They recommend each patron purchase 2 to 3 items that range from the teens to $25. Pair these up with wines and good company and this can be a fun experience. Overall for the price and at dinner time, I would have preferred a well prepared entree. The atmosphere is nice, but became loud and the server seemed to be interrupting every few minutes asking us if we wanted something else in addition to a random order of different appetizers constantly flowing on and off the table. It was interesting but I would probably not go back at meal time. Parking was a problem even on mid-week evening.

2  Thank Loki_and_Odin