“CHARMING with excellent food and outstanding service!”
Review of Bunky’s Cafe - CLOSED

Bunky’s Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bunky's Was started in the early 1930's by Teresa's great Grandparents. Vito & Ninfa Capadona opened Bunky's on the corner of Park & Regent street in the Italian "Green Bush" area. After closing in the mid 1970's. Teresa and her husband Rachid opened in 2003. They included Rachid's Mediterranean - Moroccan cuisine to the menu! Bunky's cafe just celebrated its tenth Birthday this year! As the owners of Bunky's cafe, we feel very blessed to have a successful restaurant in Madison Wi. We will keep offering fresh, local and sustainable made from scratch menus! We have just started offering our Homemade Hummus, Baba Ghanouj, Grape leaves and Falalfel at area grocery stores. Please come and join us for dinner!
Madison, Wisconsin
“CHARMING with excellent food and outstanding service!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

FINALLY, a restaurant where the staff are really friendly! The hostess met us at the door on a frigid night and offered us a seat, winked, and said she'd been offering hot water and lemon if folks wanted a quick warm up. We took her up on her offer :) The server was equally nice--never acting like she couldn't believe we'd have the gall to actually have questions. This is absolutely my new favorite place. The gluten free friendly fare is wonderful--now I can enjoy hummus without having to crunch my way through using veggies :) I had lamb and my BF had chicken. Both were excellent, as was the hummus. We'll go back often. THANK YOU to the staff!!! :)

• Visited February 2014
TTann, Owner at Bunky’s Cafe, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments! I do agree that my staff is great! As a team, we make sure that each customer feels well taken care of. We believe that the food, price, energy all make up a great dining experience! We hope to have the opportunity to take care of you again.
Thanks,
Teresa & Rachid

Nashville, Tennessee
“Absolutely Love Bunky's!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Bunky's serves delicious food with service that can't be beaten anywhere. Having recently been diagnosed as gluten intolerant, I was thrilled to find this place on a business trip. They can provide almost everything (not ravioli) gluten free as well as many choices for any other type of special dietary need. I was in town three evenings and ate dinner there TWICE! Would have gone the other night if it hadn't been a major snowstorm. I had the meat lasagna and the Seafood Ali Olio. I can't imagine either of those dishes being more delicious for the diner who didn't need the gluten free. And they have a nice selection of gluten free desserts as well. Go and you won't be sorry!

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Go here when you crave insanely good service”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

It's almost incidental that the food at Bunky's is top-notch and that their vegan / gluten-free / special needs items are awesome. We go here when we want to be pampered to death by insanely attentive staff and owners. This is the difference - owners on site who care and that just flows down through the staff. I hardly remember the food, it's just superb, but the way we're taken care of here is as if we were every-day regulars.

• Visited January 2014
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The food is presented beautifully, ingredients are fresh. Definitely a favorite, but I think they're a little overpriced. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to pay it because it's a great ambience and it IS tasty. Just not necessarily fabulous.

We had a rehearsal dinner downstairs and ordered spaghetti-on-a-board for everyone. The waitress was fun but the decor was pretty nasty. It was cold down there too. The waitress was a blast, but the food was below average. Some of our guests were grossed out by the idea and didn't eat. I'd have to rethink it next time. Maybe if it was a group smaller than 20 . . .

• Visited January 2014
Wisconsin
“Most allergy conscience restuarant”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Delicious options for those with gluten allergies and the staff is very helpful if you have additional allergies. The flour-less chocolate cake is to die for. Fun and funky decor.

Visited November 2013