“Yummy”
Review of Bunky’s Cafe - CLOSED

Bunky’s Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bunky's Was started in the early 1930's by Teresa's great Grandparents. Vito & Ninfa Capadona opened Bunky's on the corner of Park & Regent street in the Italian "Green Bush" area. After closing in the mid 1970's. Teresa and her husband Rachid opened in 2003. They included Rachid's Mediterranean - Moroccan cuisine to the menu! Bunky's cafe just celebrated its tenth Birthday this year! As the owners of Bunky's cafe, we feel very blessed to have a successful restaurant in Madison Wi. We will keep offering fresh, local and sustainable made from scratch menus! We have just started offering our Homemade Hummus, Baba Ghanouj, Grape leaves and Falalfel at area grocery stores. Please come and join us for dinner!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a big fan of Bunky's...one of my favorite lentil soups in town and chicken kabobs are delish. Always a good experience in a cozy and eclectic environment.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've stopped at Bunky's several times- its located in the hipster neighborhood of Willy st. /Atwood Ave and the decor of the restuarant is really fun. I've eaten here several times and the food is excellent and the service was phenomenal! I'll definitely be back again

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Bunky's is a great neighborhood resturant - the staff are friendly and somehow can manage the crowds that come in. We have never had a bad meal - we never had a meal that was less than great.
Best. Puttanesca. Ever.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to eat here with 3 other couples. While I'd say we had a nice evening, overall, it wasn't because of the restaurant. The best visiting we did was before being seated because once we were at our table, it was very hard to hear each other. I liked the décor but it was crowded. Our food was OK, but for the price I was a bit disappointed. it's probably nicer at off times...

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We've gone here often as the food is always tasty...not one mediocre item on the menu...very flavorful mediterrean food. We are addicted to the stuffed grape leaves and tabouli for certain. The staff is always accommodating and we love the kitchy ambiance. There are also a few handmade well crafted gifts to purchase for a special someone.