All reviews great location capitol square valet parking is state street farmers market within walking distance valet staff saturday morning monona terrace restaurants and bars madison wi very nice hotel would stay here again room was large fitness center nice stay shuttle service
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a lot of charm and the location is convenient for spending time downtown Madison. My friends and I stayed here and the room was very clean and updated. We stayed pool side which has a nice seating area so you can relax there.
The only downfalls were, the beds were not comfortable and there is not hot tub, personal preference but would have made the stay even better.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2018

First I want to say what was great about this hotel. The staff at the front desk, along with the valet attendants, were very friendly and quickly and easily processed my check-in. The hotel is very impressive, from the moment you walk into the lobby, to the beautifully decorated rooms. The chocolate bar from the young woman at the check-in counter was a really nice treat. She also gave me directions to a good place to catch the sunset. My room had a queen sized bed, and the sitting room had a sofa sleeper. The bathroom was elegant with marble tile in the shower. The view from my bedroom window was incredible! The location of this hotel was close to many good restaurants and bars--a lot within walking distance. It was a quiet Sunday night in Madison, but the bar right next to the hotel, Genna's, was open, as was a restaurant called The Tornado Room, and we enjoyed both of them, even late on Sunday night. I really couldn't imagine anything going any better. But my problem was related to the valet parking. I had read a lot of reviews that mentioned that there was no free parking associated with the hotel, and that valet parking was the only option for parking directly at the hotel. When I checked in, I was asked if I was fine with the $15 fee for the valet parking (I was), and then I mentioned that my daughter, who was coming from a different location would be parking there too. I informed the front desk that I wanted her valet parking to be put on my bill, and they said it was fine, and we made plans for that to happen (this would have been the ideal time to warn me about what was to happen when my daughter arrived). I wasn't unhappy paying the $15 valet fee, because I thought it wasn't a ridiculous price, and I knew ahead of time what to expect. However, what happened when my daughter arrived wasn't expected and I thought it was ridiculous. The valet attendant said to me her valet parking would be $30. I thought he was making a mistake and I then asked the valet parking captain, who said he didn't make the rules. He said the second car valet fee was $30. I told him that was ridiculous. I wasn't going to pay $30 for her, while I only paid $15, and we were both guests of the hotel. I then asked the people at the front desk if I had to pay the $30 parking fee, and they said that is what the fee was for the second car. I asked them to reconsider, because I wasn't going to pay the $30 fee, and told them I felt it was ridiculous. I was also upset because this was the first time I was hearing about this elevated second-car parking fee. Anyway, as it turned out, I left with my daughter's car, and drove down the street, where I found a parking garage, and then paid for a new spot. I want to say I understand that the people working at the front desk don't make the hotel policy, and while they were wonderful with checking me in, they let me leave the hotel to find another parking spot (one they actually recommended on a street behind the hotel) and pay for it. After I did that, I walked back to the hotel--quite unhappy--the gentleman at the front desk said if I wanted to walk back to the parking garage where I had paid for a new parking spot, and bring the car back to the hotel, he would let me park my daughter's car there for $15. This was very nice, and while I appreciated it, I reminded him that I did ask both of the front desk attendants if I could do that, and they let me leave. Anyway, they were nice people, and I do think they wanted me to be happy, but, for lack of a better word, that whole incident was ridiculous. I did eventually go get the car from the other parking garage, and the front desk people agreed to comp me for the parking spot. I guess the lesson here for me would be to ask if there was a different fee for a second car to valet park, and the lesson for the hotel staff would be to inform customers of the elevated fee when they were informed that there would be a second car parking there. I wouldn't have been happy, but at least I would have known about it ahead of time, and could have planned ahead for my daughter to park elsewhere. I will add that this morning I noticed a sign had been put up at the valet window that parking was $15 for one car, and $30 if there was a second car. As far as the fee goes, I plan to contact Best Western and let them know that I think that doubling the valet fee for the second car is gouging their customers. I understand that the parking garage contributes to hotel income, but I don't agree that they should stick it to customers who are already paying to stay there. I do think $15 for the valet parking isn't ridiculous. It really is a shame this happened, because other than that, this hotel stay would have been perfect. I would have given it an excellent rating.

Room tip: Warning: Valet Parking a second car has a $30 fee. For one car it is a $15 fee.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us detailed feedback. We appreciate all the feedback we receive but in situations like this the added information helps discern where we went wrong so we can work on improving. We certainly dropped the ball in regards to communication during your stay and for that I sincerely apologize. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and will visit us again to give another chance at providing the premier service you deserve.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Visited Madison to relax and visit the farmer's market. We've stayed in many hotels in the area as we had family living in Madison. There is none better than the Premier Park Hotel. From it prime location across from the Capitol to its extraordinarily friendly and accommodating staff to its ultra clean rooms and great bar area, this is the best place to stay in Madison. From check in to check out the stay was fantastic. Our room overlooking the Capitol was the cleanest we have found in years. When we found our coffee maker did not work, one was brought up within minutes of our request. The bar had a great happy hour and the grab and go breakfast was perfect. Other hotels claiming to be more "upscale" have nothing on this place. We look forward to our next trip to Madison and Premier Park Hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Excellent hotel within the city. Stayed for a conference and the hotel room was beautiful, gym clean, restaurants and events locations wonderful. Walking distance to lots to do. I will be staying again!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the 5-circle review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you'll visit us again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel as we were attending a trade show. Price was okay for the area. Rooms are spacious and nice. Bathroom was good - awesome shower and shower head! I have long thick hair, so the shower is always important to me. The on-site restaurant was a nice place to have breakfast. Staff was very nice and very helpful. I would absolutely stay here again. The bonus is that it is located about 2 blocks from State Street.

Trip type: Traveled on business