The good: great downtown location, friendly staff
The bad: rooms need updating, paper thin walls
Overall, this isn't a bad place, it just needs some help. The location is great, right on the downtown square, across from the capitol building. You can't beat walking out the door on Saturday morning to explore Madison's famous farmer's market!
The staff is quite nice, and the complimentary valet parking was speedy. The valet parking staff also seemed to have no expectation of tips- I had to go out of my way to tip them.
But the rooms are in need of some attention- the superficial things are newer (wallpaper, bedspreads), but other things needed help. The bathroom has no ventilation fan, so there were mold spots on the ceiling. The tissue paper dispenser was rusty. The faucets took superhuman strength to turn off completely. The water temperature fluctuated wildly from almost scalding to freezing in a matter of seconds.
The walls could definitely use some soundproofing- I could clearly hear every word coming from my neighbor's tv- on both sides! Thankfully they went to sleep early and were quiet in the morning, or it could have been much worse. I highly recommend bringing earplugs, which made all the difference for me.
A couple strange things that were probably specific to my room- the smoke detector had a shower cap on it for several days. I thought it was intentional at first, but then thought better of it and removed it myself. Also, the alarm clock was broken and only played a hispanic music station at full volume- it can get you up in a hurry, though!
For a decent price (at least under $100), this hotel is probably worth staying at- for the location and friendly staff alone. Pay any more and you're not getting much of a deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Park Hotel stands as a reflection of Madison's history and growth as a city. The only hotel on Madison's Capitol Square, Best Western Premier Park Hotel is an icon of hospitality and a true symbol of downtown Madison. The Capitol Square is home to such popular seasonal attractions as the Dane County Farmer's Market, Art Fair on the Square and Concerts on the Square. Only blocks from the University of Wisconsin, Madison campus, Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Monona Terrace Convention Center, Overture Center for Performing Arts, and the Kohl Center, Best Western Premier Park Hotel is your best way to experience the best of Madison. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Premier Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn On The Park Hotel Madison
- Best Western Hotel Madison
- Best Western Madison
- Madison Best Western