“My stay..”

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Iowa City, Iowa
“My stay..”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

There is no better spot to be in downtown Madison than the Inn on the Park. Perfect location!! My only problem is that we paid much more for a "view". And, believe me, the view is spectacular....the problem is the windows are so dirty you can't see well and certainly can not take photos from the windows. I was very disappointed about this as I love photography. My second problem was we had a 2 room suite. A parlor area and a bedroom area. This was perfect for our situation. The bathroom is in the bedroom area and not the parlor area so I had to use the bathroom in the bedroom area. My husband goes to bed much earlier than I do. The bathroom door squeaks so badly that it woke him up when I used the bathroom. Two very easy fixes. WASH THE WINDOWS AND OIL THE HINGES ON THE BATHROOM DOOR!! For the price we paid we would have been much happier had these 2 easy fixes been done.

Room Tip: A room with a view in nice.....as long as the windows are clean, which they were filthy when we were...
1 Thank BA0455

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Holmen, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Beautiful location right on the Capitol Square. Good service and the only place that I would stay on a future trip to Madison. It is worth the price to stay on the square in downtown Madiison. Nightllife and so many great restaurants and charming shops on State Street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Robin, I am proud to hear that Inn on the Park is the only place you'll stay when you're in Madison. It is our goal to provide each of our guests an extraordinary experience. I'm so happy we were able to do that for you and I look forward to welcoming you back. -George
Brookfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My daughter recently got married in Madison. I was no stranger to the city, but never needed to stay overnight before. This time required a one night stay and I wanted to be near the capitol. I paid for 4 rooms for my family to stay at the Inn at the Park and we were all very happy with all aspects of our stay. We especially enjoyed proximity to the capitol square where Madison's farmer's market took place on Saturday morning. That morning there was no need to eat breakfast anywhere but the farmer's market. My only complaint, which is slight, about the hotel is that coming in, it was hard to catch a glimpse of the sign for the free valet parking entrance. I wonder if a smaller, reflective sign could be put at the street and situated perpendicular to it to make it easier to recognize the turn-in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gregory, thank you for the feedback regarding signage for valet parking. We will take a look and see how we can be more visible to guests driving in. Congratulations on your daughter's marriage and thank you for staying with us. -George
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I really liked staying here! All the rooms were clean and really nice! The location is perfect! Everything was walking distance! I highly recommend this place! The staff were also super friendly and there's also free valet here but of course don't forget to tip!

Wisconsin
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We've stayed here often, mainly because of the location across the street from the capitol. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms are nice. The lobby is a bit small, especially if the bar area is closed. There is a small restaurant off the lobby which as good breakfasts. The valet service is free and very nice to have. Leave your car, walk around the area, or take a taxi to the stadium. Great restaurants and pubs are nearby also..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Olathe, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel is in a great location off of state-street and across from the capitol building. We were able to walk everywhere, plenty of restaurants and bars around, and were able to walk to both lakes. 1 car per room parks for free and for an additional car its only $10/night. Only complaints was that the restaurant breakfast was not good, and the bartender in the bar on the first level was very slow.

chicago, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel has a wonderful location, right on the Capitol Square. It is walking distance to casual and fine dining destinations, music, theater and comedy venues, the UW student union and fun and funky shopping. On Saturdays, the farmer's market is directly across the street. The hotel itself is lovely and the location makes it perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple