“Great Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Durand, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel check-in/valet parking was great. We attended the State Boys Basketball Tournament and hotel allowed us to check-in early. The valet attendants took great care in helping us unloaded our car quickly and made check-in very smooth! Hotel was very clean! Great hotel to stay at in Madison...close to all the action! Right across from the Capitol and within walking distance to all the places we wanted to go. The free hotel shuttle to and from the Kohl Center was awesome. Very friendly staff and fast shuttle service. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay while in Madison!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Fantastic stay if you want to visit the capitol building and surrounding area. Very friendly staff. Convenient to restaurants, shopping, and bars. From the Top of the Inn room, you can look over the lakes. The view of the capitol building from this room is beautiful as the building is all lit up. This would be a great place to stay if you were coming for the wonderful Farmer's Market they have on the Capitol Square as well. Great food, too.

Madison, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The staff at the Inn on the Park are always very friendly and helpful. I love staying here also because the proximity to the State Capitol, great eating places, the University and State Street. I would definitely recommend staying at the Inn on the Park!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Lynn, thank you for the feedback about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoy our location as Madison's only Capitol Square hotel. And I especially like hearing our staff is living up to our promise of exceptional guest service. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice! -George
Portage, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have stayed at Inn on the Park numerous times over the years and our favorite rooms are the ones facing the Capitol building. The last time we stayed though, we had a really small room with a view of the roof, an exhaust fan and a cooling unit of some kind. The price was rather expensive for such a small room in my opinion. The staff were friendly. I noticed for the first time the huge gap under the door. I was really surprised by this and was really annoyed when some boisterous gentlemen went into their room across the hall. We heard them talking and at times yelling way into the night. Being in the HVAC business, I understand why the gap is there, but be warned, it may be noisy depending on who your neighbor is.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Robyn - Thank you for staying with us as a loyal repeat guest. I am sorry this stay was disrupted by noisy neighbors. I hope we can welcome you back for a more restful stay soon. -George
White Bear Lake, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I thought the hotel was nicely decorated and the staff was very cordial! The bed was comfy and there was a frig for my use. I like being by the pool and didn't hear any noise on a Monday night. The free valet was my favorite service. It can be frustrating to find a parking spot in any downtown area, so great to just drive in and hand over the keys!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Lynn, we love to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and that the amenities in your room and at the hotel made your visit a great one. I hope we'll see you again soon. -George
Park Falls, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Have stayed at The Inn on the Park numerous times. Generally have a very good experience. Rooms are clean. Have had some issues being placed near noisy equipment (ice machine, elevator, roof vents). Had an awesome experience with my last stay when I had trouble with my car and the Assistant General Manager, Paul Podehl, went out of his way to get me on my way.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jean, on behalf of Paul you are very welcome for the assistance with your car and we're glad we were able to help. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and will happily welcome you back soon. Thank you for posting the kind words about Paul. I know that will make his day! -George
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Make sure and request NOT to stay in room 414. There is literally no pace to set up the ironing board. The location of this hotel is great, however I have never stayed in a room that is so small you can hardly turn around in it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gailoneenah, thank you for staying with us at Inn on the Park for your recent visit to Madison. I am sorry that your room didn't meet your needs. We do have a variety of room types and sizes in our historic property and we're happy to switch you to another room if there is one available. I hope you will visit us again. -George