“Horrible Check In Experience”

Best Western Premier Park Hotel
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding. This was the hotel chosen by the bride & groom to accommodate guests, as both bride and groom had just about all of their family & friends in from out of state. I would say at least 50 people were staying at this hotel. We drove 10 hours to get there, and arrived at about 9pm. First, upon arrival, we were FORCED to have our vehicle valeted. All of the valet staff looked to be about 18-20 years of age. This made us uncomfortable for several reasons. We had TONS of stuff in our car for the wedding. All of this had to be unpacked right then. We had not prepped our vehicle for valet service (had check book in the glove box, valuable electronic equipment in vehicle, etc). On top of that, they began to help unloading our things onto the curb, and said there would be a car availible shortly. This was November, and it was FREEZING outside. So we had to stand with our things and wait until a cart was ready. We walked in the lobby to check in, and were told our room was not ready yet. Seriously?? It was 9PM and check in time was 4PM!!! The man told us to have a seat and he would let us know when the room was ready, in a half an hour. We waited 40 minutes, sitting in the lobby, greeting members of our family as the passed through the lobby, watching our cart full of belongings, and were never told the room was ready. So we finally approached the desk and asked when it would be ready. He then decided to tell us it was ready!! So we finally go to our room. When we opened the door, we got a gust of cold breeze and the smell of air freshner. It was FREEZING in the room. 50 Degrees. We immediately turned the heat up. A few minutes later we realized that window was open. Why would a window be open in the middle of November??? We didnt know. Other than that, our stay was fine. The room itself was HUGE (possibly got upgraded, not sure?). It was a corner room, kind of circular shape. Windows wrapped all the way around the wall. Had a great view of the capital. The bed was comfy, water pressure was fine. Food in the hotel restaurant was FANTASTIC! There were several bars and shops within walking distance. Also, in the fall on Saturday mornings, there is a farmers market right in front of the hotel on the square. Very cool! And the girls in the salon were also very nice. They fixed my hair for the wedding and it looked great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

EastCoastAn, I appreciate your feedback and the time you took to provide it. I am truly sorry that you had such a difficult check-in and I am happy that your visit improved for the rest of your stay. I'm glad the staff of Cinema salon did a great job for you and I hope you enjoyed the wedding. Please visit us again when you're in Madison. -George

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel has the most amazing views and you could not be in an more ideal location for fun and convenience. You are walking distance from fabulous food and great places to shop. The staff is amazing and goes above and beyond every time I am there. Shuttle service to and from the airport is easy and ideal. Valet parking is also a great service which is included in your rate. Internet is also included and always fast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rachel, thank you for your feedback and for being a loyal guest. I'm happy to hear our internet works well for you. It will soon work even better as we're increasing our bandwidth shortly. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were a bit taken a back by the snippiness of the front desk girl at check in. When I asked what my rate was to confirm that it was the same I had made my reservation at, she replied..."Whatever you booked it at". My husband and I were take a back by her tone. I asked her to give me the rate, as I wanted to confirm it was the right amount. It was her co worker that front desk that printed directions and gave us a friendly demeanor and information about where we were going. The Bell Stand was VERY helpful as well. Chris was a very friendly young man that got us to our destination and back, with information about the City of Wisc. The hotel was clean and the stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Maripat01, I am truly sorry that you did not receive the warm welcome you deserved at our front desk. I promise you that this will be addressed with the staff involved. I will also be sharing your feedback regarding Chris and the others that you encountered as an example of what our standards for service are. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. -George

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is our 2nd time staying here. A perfect location for the event we attended and for walking distance to some very delicious restaurants. Well priced and free parking. Right in front of the Capital - it's a nice view. The walls are a bit thin, so when there is a loud group outside, you may be awakened.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Yogamaria5 - Thank you for coming back to stay with us again and for leaving your feedback for others to benefit from. We'll be happy to welcome you back again. -George

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and good service. Our room was clean, and nicely appointed. Despite the fact that it was a busy Saturday night for the hotel, we slept well. The check-in clerk did his best to give my kids and I a quiet room with a great view. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014

Mamasuekitty - thank you for choosing to stay with us for your time in Madison. I'm glad that our front desk staff found the right room for your needs. It's not always possible to meet everyone's requests but we certainly try! Please visit again. George

Reviewed February 17, 2014

A group of us girls went to Madison for a weekend away from reality (we’re from small town MN). We had a WONDERFUL TIME that started the minute we checked in on Friday. Rob at the front desk was great – upgraded our room at no charge and did it with a smile! We got great recommendations on where to dine and shop and dance! We spent one of the evenings at the hotel bar and had a great time! (Shout out to Jasmine – AWESOME bartender! Or as we like to call her “Jazzy-J”) Thanks again to Jasmine and Rob for taking such good care of us!!
Looking forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Room 804 was spacious and had a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Katie, I'm so happy to hear our staff helped make your stay enjoyable. I hope you will join us again on your next weekend away. -George

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding party. I loved that parking is free for guests! The staff was friendly and attentive and allowed me to check in really early. The room was clean, quiet, and cozy. The bed was quite comfortable. The location cannot be beat, it is close to everything!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Triciajo, thank you so much for your feedback and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are not always able to accommodate an early check-in but we provide it whenever we can. I hope we can welcome you back again soon! -George