I stayed here for a wedding. This was the hotel chosen by the bride & groom to accommodate guests, as both bride and groom had just about all of their family & friends in from out of state. I would say at least 50 people were staying at this hotel. We drove 10 hours to get there, and arrived at about 9pm. First, upon arrival, we were FORCED to have our vehicle valeted. All of the valet staff looked to be about 18-20 years of age. This made us uncomfortable for several reasons. We had TONS of stuff in our car for the wedding. All of this had to be unpacked right then. We had not prepped our vehicle for valet service (had check book in the glove box, valuable electronic equipment in vehicle, etc). On top of that, they began to help unloading our things onto the curb, and said there would be a car availible shortly. This was November, and it was FREEZING outside. So we had to stand with our things and wait until a cart was ready. We walked in the lobby to check in, and were told our room was not ready yet. Seriously?? It was 9PM and check in time was 4PM!!! The man told us to have a seat and he would let us know when the room was ready, in a half an hour. We waited 40 minutes, sitting in the lobby, greeting members of our family as the passed through the lobby, watching our cart full of belongings, and were never told the room was ready. So we finally approached the desk and asked when it would be ready. He then decided to tell us it was ready!! So we finally go to our room. When we opened the door, we got a gust of cold breeze and the smell of air freshner. It was FREEZING in the room. 50 Degrees. We immediately turned the heat up. A few minutes later we realized that window was open. Why would a window be open in the middle of November??? We didnt know. Other than that, our stay was fine. The room itself was HUGE (possibly got upgraded, not sure?). It was a corner room, kind of circular shape. Windows wrapped all the way around the wall. Had a great view of the capital. The bed was comfy, water pressure was fine. Food in the hotel restaurant was FANTASTIC! There were several bars and shops within walking distance. Also, in the fall on Saturday mornings, there is a farmers market right in front of the hotel on the square. Very cool! And the girls in the salon were also very nice. They fixed my hair for the wedding and it looked great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Park Hotel stands as a reflection of Madison's history and growth as a city. The only hotel on Madison's Capitol Square, Best Western Premier Park Hotel is an icon of hospitality and a true symbol of downtown Madison. The Capitol Square is home to such popular seasonal attractions as the Dane County Farmer's Market, Art Fair on the Square and Concerts on the Square. Only blocks from the University of Wisconsin, Madison campus, Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Monona Terrace Convention Center, Overture Center for Performing Arts, and the Kohl Center, Best Western Premier Park Hotel is your best way to experience the best of Madison. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Premier Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn On The Park Hotel Madison
- Best Western Hotel Madison
- Best Western Madison
- Madison Best Western