Best Western Premier Park Hotel
The Edgewater(Madison)
  • Room Service
HotelRED(Madison)
View Hotel
All reviewscapitol squaregreat locationstate streetfarmers marketwithin walking distancevalet staffcapitol viewsaturday morningcan't beat the locationmonona terraceoverture centerrestaurants and barsmadison wihot tubvery nice hotelwould stay here againconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great Hotel and Great Service1. Every one at this hotel is friendly and very accomodating. The General Manager even retrieved my car in the rain for me. I liked the high ceilings in the rooms as it gives sense of quality. The cleanliness was superior as well. The location just around the corner from the State Capitol and with in blocks of the Monona Terrace Convention Center was perfect for our meetings.

Room Tip: Try the Irish pub jus down the street. But the hotel resturant was great also
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

kc1974,

Greetings to you, our new friend from Ames! I enjoyed having you here at the hotel and am always happy to help with cars (especially when weather in Madison is less than perfect). Thank you for your feedback about the rooms as well; it will be helpful for future guests. I hope you'll stay with again when you're in Madison.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I will definately stay there if I should return to Madison. Very clean with great staff, the meals were good and a very close to the convention center. Appreciated the shuttle service to and from the airport

• Stayed: April 2013

Stuartbay, thank you for posting feedback about your stay and I'm happy to hear we'll see you again!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Best Western Inn on the Park Plus on the Capitol Square in Madison. Room was excellent, quiet, very very clean; staff very friendly. If you ever need to plan an event there, you will not be disappointed. Carlene Knuth did a fantastic job with our group and I can't say enough about the facility.

Room Tip: The 9th floor is very quiet and very few rooms up there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Crmwi - Thank you so much for posting your feedback. I am thrilled that you experienced great service from our Catering Manager. She works very hard to ensure meetings run smoothly and she appreciates the kind words. I hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

clean, comfortable rooms. Sheets are high quality. Conference space is nice, especially the gathering area by the pool. Front desk staff was quite pleasant, and conference meals were nicely presented, and tasty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Roadtripper - I am so happy that you enjoyed your conference here at our hotel and took the time to leave feedback for future guests or meeting planners. I hope your travels bring you back to us again someday.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My 3 star rating is not because this hotel was mediocre; it was a mixture of distinctly good and bad things.

THE GOOD

Our room was clean and quiet, and nicely appointed. Small (but not tiny) refrigerator, coffee maker well stocked with both coffee and condiments, iron & board, hair dryer, comfy beds, desk chair and 2 side chairs were a cut above the usual. Very nice big screen TV. To illustrate the quiet, in the late afternoon, there was a toddler next door who was screaming his head off. Of course we could hear this; still, it was muffled surprisingly well. The elevators are fast. Luggage carts were in ample supply. The staff was friendly. Oh, yeah – the shower was perhaps the greatest I’ve ever used in a hotel; that shower head was amazing.

The heating/ventilating/air condition is very nice, quiet, and works well, IF you can figure it out. It is not a window unit like most hotels. It has a control on the wall where you can select heat or cool, fan, and set your desired temperature. However, all the control is multiplexed into just two push buttons, and the display is time multiplexed, showing the desired temperature only for a couple seconds when you change it, and then immediately switching back to the actual temp. The instructions are quite terse, so this thing can be frustrating until you “get it”. Once you do, you should be good. The fan can be set to run always even when heating or cooling.

THE BAD

No free continental breakfast. I consider this de rigueur.

Only one sink and it was in the bathroom, and it had little space on which to set things. If you are by yourself – no issue. If you are with just a S.O., maybe an irritation. If you are with a family, I consider this a real inconvenience. There is a great empty spot in an alcove just outside the bathroom for another sink (or at least a mirror with a shelf) – they could put one there.

Saving my worst for last – parking. (Disclosure: I don’t like it when I can’t access my vehicle at will. Thus what some reviewers consider a positive is a negative for me. But read on.) At the Inn on the Park, valet parking is not an option, it is a requirement. Not only that, once they have your car, you aren’t allowed to access it. If you want an item from your car, the valet must go get it. I’ve encountered compulsory valet parking at a few hotels, but was always allowed to access my vehicle if I wanted. Now, granted, the valets were good about fetching stuff from the car – but are you supposed to tip them for that? The straw that broke the camel’s back for me, and my primary motivation for this paragraph, was the wholesale disclaimer written on the claim ticket for the car. It says that they bear absolutely ZERO responsibility for ANYTHING that happens to your vehicle, once they have REQUIRED you to surrender it. That becomes kind of scary when you think about it. For example, part of what they disclaim responsibility for is theft. But if they park your car, you are completely at their mercy for making sure the car is locked, the alarm turned on, etc. If they are going to have the nerve to declare such a sweeping disclaimer about their lack of responsibility for your vehicle, then they should at least allow you the choice to park it yourself, and access it at your discretion. Add a full star without this combination of rules & disclaimer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
George W, General Manager at Best Western Premier Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

RJay4 - Thank you for the thoughtful review of your stay with us. You provided so much good information that will helpful to future guests. We read carefully your thoughts on the valet parking and HVAC controls. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Madison and we hope you join us again.

George Wiesner