“Hotel staff very nice”

Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Rockford, Illinois
“Hotel staff very nice”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was nice, the staff and the shuttle driver were very very helpful and nice. Our room left a bit to be desired - burnt out light in the bathrrom along with a burned up electrical outlet. Looking back we should have just changed rooms. The pool was clean and the free breakfast was impressive.

Room Tip: If you want a king be sure to ask for it - and if your room is not up to pare - change rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ramandlam
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Leslie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate when guests provide feedback and share it with the world.

We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay here and we do apologize about the electrical dificulties in the room. You feedback has been taken into consideration as we plan the renovation of our guest rooms that will begin this fall.

Again, thank you so much for your kind review and we hope to be able to assist you again here in Madison the next time you visit.

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner
608.233.8778

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Charleston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After reading the poor reviews this hotel has received lately, I have to admit I was reluctant to stay here. The poor reviews did not apply to our recent visit. I found the hotel to be comfortable and accommodating. From the staff at the front desk to the shuttle service, and everyone else in between was very friendly and knowledgeable. It's obvious management does an excellent job on training. The only negative things I could say is we had problems with our room keys the entire stay, the card(s) weren't being read by the room or the elevator. The other issue is their parking lot is sorely lacking an adequate number of spaces. We had to circle the parking lot several times looking for a spot, and were only able to find one because of someone else leaving. Needless to say once we found a spot we never moved our car the entire weekend.

1 Thank Magoo098
Dear Magoo098,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. Feedback from guests such as your self is an invaluable too for us here at the InnTowner, and it is greatly appreciated.

We are extremely grateful that you decided to take a chance on us this past February and look forward to having you return again. We've got a lot of exciting new changes and renovations coming over the next year, and we hope to really wow you next time you are here. We do apologize about the key situation and the parking. Please rest assured that these things, especially the parking, are being looked into greatly.

Thank you again, and make it a great day!

BEST WESTERN PLUS InnTowner
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived at 8:30 Friday night, and there were no parking spaces available outside. In fact, cars were illegally parked, making it very difficult to drive in a Suburban. Also, it had snowed that day, but the lot was not adequately plowed/shoveled.
We got into our dated room, and could hear everything! Kids running up and down halls, adults talking so loudly that I thought they were actually inside our room! It was quite loud until I decided to turn the antiquated heating unit up to high to drown out the outside noises.
We left early on Saturday for a swim meet (got the free breakfast-which was pretty good), and got back to our room around 11:30. The room had not been cleaned. We were there for about a half hour, when a maid knocked asking to clean the room. I explained we were going at noon and that she could come back then. Well, we got back at 4, and the room was never cleaned.
We left again for dinner, and asked to have the room cleaned, but housekeeping had left for the day. We came back--no parking spaces again. The hall was quieter--which was good. The best thing about this place was the proximity to UW's pool. The room was dated, the lot was completely overcrowded (and a little dangerous considering the snow and illegally parked cars). I also thought it was overpriced at 109. We drive to a lot of places and stay in a lot of hotels like this--I would've priced it at 89.

2 Thank Pattybea
Dear Pattybea,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is only with guests like you making the effort to provide such valuable feed back, both good and bad, that we can improve our services for you and all of our guests.

First off, let me apologies for some of the inconveniences that you endured during your stay. It is our goal to make every guest's experience a positive and memorable one. Please rest assure that you comments, especially about the housekeeping service and the parking was not gone unnoticed. In regards to the parking, we've decided on making several changes in our snow removal service to prevent this from happening again (especially during the high school wrestling season during which you stayed). Our housekeeping manager has also been informed of the issue that you had, because we find the lack of service you received unacceptable, and on behalf of the entire staff, I apologize for that.

We have a lot of exciting new changes and renovations coming up this calendar year. I don't believe you'll recognize the hotel the next time that you are in Madison. We invite you to give us another try next year. Please don't hesitate to contact me or our General Manager Joe Baldowin directly to help ensure you stay is flawless.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to your return to Madison.

Media and Marketing Coordinator
Highland, Wi
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The UW hospital booked us a room here for the night before my husbands surgery. We decided to check the day before we were staying to see if we could get another room so our kids could join us, and the lovely young lady my husband spoke to (wish I could remember her name) was able to get us adjoining rooms which was very nice. Rooms are nothing fancy, but suited us just fine. Mu husband had a salad from the restaurant and enjoyed it, and the breakfast buffet the next morning was very nice. All of the staff we encountered were very gracious and helpful. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank aide4
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Aide4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Its because of guest like you who provide us the feedback we need that we can continue to improve the experience for you and all of our other guests as well.

We sincerely hope that your next visit will be under different circumstance, but we are very glad to do whatever we can to assists our guests who are here visiting the hospital. Hopefully by your next visit, our upcoming guest room renovation will be complete and your stay will be that much more enjoyable.

Should there be anything that we can do to make your next visit to Madison a complete success, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here during the hospital visit of a family member. I couldn't have asked for a more convenient and comfortable stay. Although the rooms are pretty average, they were clean and comfortable and offered the needed ammenities. The shuttle service that is offered to and from the hospital was a real plus. I used it everyday and for the most part it was quick. Only during very busy sporting events might there be a small delay, which is understandable.

The restaurant had hours that were convenient after a long day. The food at the restaurant was surprisingly good. Ultimately I ended up eating every evening meal there for two reasons. Food selection and quality was good and because of one outstanding employee at the restaurant, Araceli. She is a gem. She always took time to talk and her welcoming smile was great at the end of a stressful day. Although I had other dining options within a very close distance, I chose to return every night to the hotel restaurant because of those 2 things. I was never disappointed. And by the way, the included breakfast is also very good with many selections and all of great quality. The coffee is very tasty (don't know what is different about it but it is definitely a special blend).

I would definitely stay here again, if a return hospital visit is required, or for any other reason if I were in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank xplq
Dear xplq,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that your next reason for visiting will be much more pleasant. Hopefully by that time our upcoming renovation of all our sleeping rooms will be completed. Also, a great big thank you for your kind words about Aracelli. She's been a mainstay in our evening restaurant for many years and we are glad that she receives the recognition that she deserves. We also appreciate the understanding about the delay in shuttle service during the busy sporting events (there are several this time of year).

If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay more fantastic, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in Madison for a week long conference. It was a good experience. Despite having a car, I appreciated having the shuttle service all over campus. It could be a little slow late at night, but never an issue in the morning.

Breakfast had a big variety, including some healthful choices.

Bed was comfortable, room was clean.

I gave it four stars because the WIFI is soooooooooo slow.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dianitah525
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Cordiator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear dianitah525,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate when any of our guest make the effort to give us feedback. Its only with such input can we continue to improve all aspects of your and every guests stay.

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that since your last stay we've made huge upgrades and changes to our Wi-Fi system. We've also added to the breakfast buffet, and are slated to renovate the sleeping rooms later this year.

We hope that you will visit us again sometime and see all these changes. When you do, don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can ensure that you have another fantastic stay.

MPLS
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My past stay at this hotel will be my last.
While the front desk provided lip service about problems I was having with my WiFi connection, I was not provided a room change and at check out was not provided and reimbursement for my troubles. Subsequent emails with the "manager" ended with no help. Never stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Belmont2424, Media and Marketing Coordinator at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear P.F,

First off let me thank you for taking the time to review our property and apologize for your March 2012 stay not meeting your expectations. We strive to also ensure that each guest has a fantastic stay, and I apologize for us not doing that with you.

In regards to some of the issues that you had here, let me assure you that a GREAT many changes have occurred here in the past year. We are under new management and several upgrades have been made, the wireless internet being at the TOP of that list. We also have several new members of our management staff who will be more than willing to help ensure that your next stay exceeds your expectations. There are more upgrades and improvements scheduled to be completed this year as well.

We would love for you to give us another try, and we'd like that next try to be on us. I invite you to contact myself or our General Manager Joseph Baldowin directly the next time you're visiting Madsion and let us take care of the details of your complimentary stay. We'd also love to hear some more details of your experience here so we may improve the experience for all of our guests.

Media and Marketing Corrdinator
608.233.8778 x537

Joseph Baldowin
608.233.8778 x533

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you.