“Tired....”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is tired and in need of a facelift. They appear to be making some improvements in the lobby and the rooms had newer carpet and bedspreads. But, the beds themselves were like soup bowls and I an tired as a result of staying there.

I will say they are doing the best with what they have, the hotel is very clean...just needs some modernizing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We believe that a "guest first" attitude from our staff as well as a clean room and a good night's sleep are fundamentally important. I apologize that you did not rest well here. We purchased pillow top Simmons mattresses for our rooms specifically so our guests do not experience sleepless nights. We have asked our Executive Housekeeper to make sure on her inspections that all mattresses are correctly aligned on the bed frame and that none of the mattress springs have been compromised. I appreciate your remarks regarding the work of our Housekeeping Staff and have passed your words on to our team.

Patty Chang, General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was in town for a grad school interview, so I was simply looking for the closest hotel for where I needed to be. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice and clean, and new, the hotel was. My room, in particular, was much larger than I had expected, and had all the amenities I wanted. Also, the staff were incredibly accommodating. Jason, at the front desk, was super friendly and helped an out-of-towner feel welcome, not to mention helped me get a great rate. Of all the hotels I have stayed at for my interviews, this hotel is the best!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you from taking time from your very busy schedule (we hope your interview went well!) to comment on your stay with us. We want visitors to love our city as much as we do and we know that it starts with good old "Midwest hospitality" in our hotel. Jason exemplifies the service we want all our guests to experience. We hope that you liked Madison so much and that the opportunity presents itself for you to come back as a resident. If not, we would be honored to have the privilege to provide you with lodging during future visits!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had a great experience after I had a very hard time before I got here. Once I got here Jason was very nice and helpful with everything. He made it his goal to make my stay the best I have Ever had and he did! Im goin to recommend this place to everyone!!

• Stayed: April 2012

Travel has become more difficult in recent years and it has been our observation that guests often check in to our hotel exhausted and frustrated just from the "travel experience". I am glad that our associates, in particular Jason, were able to relieve a little of your stress and to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here for the WIAA High School girls state basketball tournament. This was my first time at this hotel. The shuttle service was very handy. Jason at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. The buffet style breakfast was delicious. I used the pool and hot tub which were very clean and relaxing. The room was clean but could have used some updating like new carpet and a flat screen TV.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us during the WIAA Tournaments. That is an exciting time for participants, fans and the entire City of Madison and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit. We also appreciate your feedback on our shuttle service which many guests find very useful as it allows them to avoid the parking hassles frequently found in a college city. Our goal for our complimentary full breakfast buffet is to make it the best in the downtown area and I hope more guests share your feelings! I do want to share with you that we will be getting new flat screens televisions for all our guestrooms within the next couple months so that our guests can enjoy the same amenity that many have in their own homes. Also, I will make sure that Jason knows that his service is appreciated. He is one of our many associates that believe that when we welcome you to our hotel, we are welcoming you to our home.

Highest Regards

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We needed to be close to UW Madison Hospital which is 5 minutes away. We stayed quite a bit in February and March. Our room was always very clean and the beds/pillows very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. Jason was very accommodating, friendly and made us feel like we were home!! :)
We will go back and would highly recommend this hotel to everybody !! Have a Great Stay :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
PLC58, General Manager at Best Western PLUS InnTowner, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is our privilege to serve you. We take great pride when guests visiting UW Hospital find that our accommodations makes their trip easier. And, for you to consider us a "home away from home" is a tribute to a staff that welcomes and cares for all our guests who are now a part of our Best Western family.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a night when the weather was bad and I didn't want to risk driving home (an hour away at 11:30pm) from the hospital where I worked. The manager Gerald (or Jarrod) was extremely accomodating and friendly on the phone before I got to the hotel and then Jason provided much help and humor while I was at the hotel. They really did everything they could to make it an enjoyable and easy experience for me, and I would go back every week if I could. The room was very clean, up-to-date and comfortable with nice beds and flat screen television. I was amazed that the breakfast buffet in the morning was free. I've paid $25 at other hotels for the type of feast that the Inntowner had! The location (right across the street from where I worked) was ideal and so were the many amenities and great people working there. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This was my over night in Madison and was comfortable and very relaxing. My room was clean and well kept. If I'm every in Madison for any reason this is were I would like to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business