“Most convenient for hospital stay”

Best Western PLUS InnTowner
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed at this Best Western several times in the month of November while visiting a critical UW Madison hospital patient. The hotel is literally 2 blocks (2stop lights) from the hospital, and they have shuttles, free of charge (I didnt use the shuttle but would suggest a tip). They have a fantastic breakfast, all you can eat buffet type with pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, coffee, bagels, hot and cold cereals and much more. A nice sit down breakfast before heading back to the hospital. They offer a discount to hospital patients but you must call from the hospital or have the hospital book your room. They charge per person. My room was clean and spacious. They do have a small bar, but we never got to the hotel early enough from the hospital to use it, however we were able to buy a few beers to take to our room as they were closing. The bar and I think the pool/hot tub close at 10 which is a little too early in my opinion to use when spending the day at the hospital. Either way, the hotel is convenient with a wonderful breakfast. Unfortunately, the hotel doubles their price on weekends with a home Badger Game and you can not get the hospital discount during this. That was a bummer because the hospital is close and convenient, however I was forced to spend 2 nights at another hotel using a cab to go back and forth to the hospital (I didn't have a car and find Madison very difficult to drive in anyway, especially when always leaving the hospital in the dark while very tired). So, all in all, the hospital is great, just a few disappointments.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SlyAnne

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I spend many nights of my year in top-tier hotels around the world for work. This trip was a personal trip and I really just needed a place to crash for the night. The Best Western InnTowner had the attentive and friendly staff, cleanliness of public areas and beautifully decorated rooms filled with all of the ammenities I am typically accustomed to (wireless internet, enough outlets for all of my necessarry electronics, etc...). To top it off, a delicious hot/cold buffet breakfast was waiting for me in the morning to help kick-start my day.

I am rather picky about the hotels I stay in, and when I find myself needing a place to stay in Madison, I will definitely be calling the InnTowner "home!"

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in Madison from Nov 11th through Nov 14th as my nephew was admitted in the University Hospital for surgery. I had booked a double room as my sister in law was going to stay there as well. Even though we had a room there, she decided to sleep on a roll away at the hospital to be with her son at all times.

The room was as expected - clean and basic. The front desk staff was warm and courteous. The complimentary shuttle service they provided was excellent and on one occasion even took me to the local "Target" to purchase something needed in the hospital. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people visiting Madison. Great stay

Unfortunately the hostesses in the breakfast area leave a lot to be desired. The hotel provides complimentary breakfast to the guests (one per guest). Since my sister in law was sleeping at the hospital, I went to the hostess at the restaurant and gave my voucher as well as my sister-in-laws voucher and said that I would take something for her to eat. I asked them for a box and after acting real weird - the hostess brought me a measly 4x4 inch box. I asked for a bigger one or another of these. To which she says "we only give one". I explained to her the circumstance and said that if she had come for breakfast she would have eaten more than what fits in the little box. Very grudgingly she gave me another box.

I was there for another 2 days so when I went down the 2nd day, I thought we had resolved this. But she acted weird again. This happened every morning I was there. In fact one evening I went to the front desk and asked for a tea bag as they only had coffee in the room. The front desk sent me to the restaurant to pick it up. Unfortunately for me, the same surly woman was working the shift. She actually had the audacity to ask me to pay for the tea bag. I wish I had written down her name as she is definitely not someone you need interfacing with guests.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My family enjoys The Inntowner for all our trips to Madison. We love to be within walking distance of campus. The decor and rooms are great and we love the breakfasts too. It is a great place to stay!! The staff is very helpful!! Everything is clean and ready to go! We highly recommend The Inntowner as a place to stay!!

Room Tip: We like the quiet section in the back of the hotel- these are great rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I recently spent a girls' weekend in Madison and once again stayed at the Best Western Inn Towner. This place never disappoints me! The hotel has undergone some major renovations, but it is not the physical appearance that makes this place great. The staff is friendly and accommodating; even though I arrived early, I was able to check-in and relax in my room before the festivities started.

The complimentary breakfast is not stale pastries and coffee--there was a wide array of choices such as (really tasty) oatmeal, egg scrambles, hot pancakes, crispy bacon, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt (both plain and flavored with fresh strawberries), and of course a wide variety of juices and coffee. We all enjoyed our breakfasts and were ready to start the day with plenty of energy.

The rooms are large and the bathrooms spotless. Instead of a regular coffeemaker, each room is equipped with a Keurig coffeemaker, complete with 4 cups of delicious coffee. The thermostat is easy to control, so there are no worries about the room being too hot or too cold. The bathrobes are so luxurious, I wish I could afford to buy one for home, and the beds are large and very comfortable.

I will always stay at the Best Western Inn Towner when I am in Madison because the staff is among the best I have encountered. Everything else is just icing on the cake!

1  Thank ILTraveler23
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My 4 sisters and sister-in-law spent last weekend here for a get-together and had a great time. The staff is very friendly, rooms were clean and spacious, and the breakfast buffet was very satisfying. The hotel is located on the edge of the UW Madison campus and close to everything. The hotel provided us with a shuttle to Monona Terrace so we could attend an art fair without worrying about where to park. A+++.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, choose the Highland Club rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I travel to Madison whenever I can, having family in the city. I stay at the Inntowner every trip and have always had a great experience. From the front desk staff to the general manager, they are always friendly and helpful when needed. The little cafe has a wonderful breakfast buffet that every guest can enjoy with their stay and I can always get coffee (important!) any time of the day. The hotel is always very clean and that is an important issue with me. The pool is small, but cozy in there and my grandkids love to swim there when they come on trips with me. The location is great - near the university, shopping, and downtown. The shuttle from the hotel will take you most anywhere you want if driving is an issue. I would recommend the Inntowner to anyone traveling to Madison.

Room Tip: The Highland Club has a nice cocktail hour in the evenings, drinks and appetizers available. Nice to...