“Reasonable place!”

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Reasonable place!”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed here for two nights, in a room with a king bed and a pull-out couch for another two people. The person at the desk was patient and polite, we were allowed to have a look at the rooms since we came from Germany and didn"t understand everything. The room was clean and comfortable, at night there was no disturbing noise of air conditioning or other people next door. You could choose from four different breakfast options and a general buffet. All in all a very pleasant stay near downtown Madison and also much more reasonable prices than surrounding hotels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
rst1108, Manager at Best Western West Towne Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your stay at the hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I am glad that the staff was helpful and accommodating. It is important that we meet all of our guests' needs. If you ever make another trip to Madison from Germany I hope that you will choose to stay with us again!

Front Office/Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Holmen
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Had reservations through our kids soccer team for a tournament. As often happens the tournament schedule changed. Other hotels are always very accommodating as long as we change/cancel on time. Tried to cancel 4 days before arrival. The manager, Randee Talwar, refused to cancel our reservations. Spent angry 15 minutes on the phone with Randee who would not acknowledge that I was cancelling well before the deadline mentioned when I made the reservation. He claimed to own the hotel... he does not. Then spent over an hour with polite but not terribly helpful Customer Service reps since the reservation was made locally. In the end BW Corporate agreed to pay the cancellation fee (1 night) directly to Randee in order to keep him happy. What a headache!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank NotMyRealName80
rst1108, General Manager at Best Western West Towne Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Mr. Healy, It is very unfortunate that your group decided to cancel all rooms in the group block at the last minute. As per Group contract all rooms cannot be cancelled four days before arrival. As a courtesy we cancelled 50% of the Rooms, whereas you were not in those first 50% to call first and cancel. Hotel fulfilled it's contract obligation by holding all Rooms for two and half months with a group discounted rate and we asked for your group members to fulfill their part of obligation.
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Mapquest made the hotel very easy to find. It is sandwiched in between some retail shops and the beltline freeway. Not a very scenic place but I wasn't planning to stay around there all day as I was on business. Despite the proximity of the freeway and my room faced it, I did not hear the traffic, outside noise was not noticed. In fact the whole stay was quite quiet.

The room was clean, well furnished. There was not a microwave in the room but there was one in the laundry/vending/kitchen area. The fridge in the room worked well. I did not have a laptop but there were two internet connections in the lobby which worked well.

The hotel made it easy to get anywhere in the Madison area quickly. The shopping mall was just 4 blocks away, there was a nearby McDonald's, and a nice little park about 4 blocks away.

Breakfast was adequate. I had the eggs, hashbrowns and sausage. Nothing to write home about but ok. The orange was very good also.

The bed was comfortable, the TV worked fine with adequate number of channels. I did not go to the workout room so cannot comment on that. The staff were friendly, checkout was easy and parking was plentiful. The fan worked well, was not noisy and so the temperature was good.

I wanted to watch the Twins play but they were not on the hotels channels. So I went about 5 blocks north to the Tilted Kilt who had several screens of sports events. It was really not my type of establishment (it's along the line of a Hooters) but the game was on and that was my focus so I stayed and had the fish & chips which were ok.

Back to the hotel, this is a nice stay, enough amenities, clean, quiet and a good value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this kind review. We love to hear from our satisfied guests!

I am sorry that your room did not have a microwave. We have recently made some changes and now every room has both a microwave and refrigerator. Although, I am happy that you found the room and our other amenities to exceed your expectations and that you felt received a good value.

We hope that you will stay with us during your next visit, whether it be for business again or a personal trip!

Have a great day,
Madison
Reviewed March 23, 2010

The Best Western West Town Suites are clean and comfortable. Staff is very accommodating and friendly, especially Melinda who went above and beyond her duties as a receptionist. There is a good variety for breakfast. The only negative about Best Western West Town Suites is the televisions; there are very limited channels and the t.v quality is extremely poor, so dont expect much.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review. We take all of the feedback very seriously and use it to create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests.

I am glad that Melinda was able to make your stay so memorable and that you enjoyed breakfast so much. I am sorry however that the televisions did not exceed your expectations. I can assure you that we do try and offer our guests a pleasant experience and that we will look into this issue further.

We hope that you will choose us again during your next visit! If we can help you in the future please let us know.

Madison
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Got to the hotel late on a rainy night. Fast friendly check-in, clean cozy room and comfortable bed. Hot and cold breakfast and express check-out. Great stay for under $100.00.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our property. Life can get hectic and knowing that you took time out of your day to write this means a lot to us.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you received prompt and professional service. Knowing that a guest has left the hotel satisfied is very important to us. We hope that you will stay with us again and if we can help you in anyway in the future please contact us at (608) 833 - 4200.

Thanks again,
Owatonna, MN
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Great staff. Very comfortable rooms. Had a reservation and requested a couple of extra pillows and a late checkout. Got both and got a chance to visit a deli I heard about from friends. Ella's Deli. Stay here eat there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. I can assure you that we use this information to improve our hotel and the guests' experience.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Guest satisfaction is very important to us and hearing great remarks from customers like you make us proud to work here. We hope to see you again during your next visit.

If we can further assist you in anyway please do not hesitate to contact us at (608) 833 - 4200.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Very Sincerely,
Madison, WI
Reviewed December 13, 2009

While staying at the Best Western - West Towne Suites my boyfriend and I ended up having to switch rooms due to having dirty sheets and pillowcases however instead of being reimbursted for the night or getting our room upgraded we were wrongfully blamed for being the cause of the dirty sheets which was physically impossible and far from true! All in all, between the sheets and the pillowcase it was gross and nothing was done about it besides us being even further inconvenienced by having to switch rooms. I would highly NOT reccommend this hotel unless you only care about getting free breakfast made to order because that's really the only thing I can think of that was good about our stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
rst1108, General Manager at Best Western West Towne Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Dear Guest,
I earnestly regret that you and your boyfriend did not have satisfactory experience while staying at our Hotel. Issue with the sheets you mentioned is not something we experience at our Hotel. Unfortunately our Night Clerk should not have responded in a denial. But I'm glad he immediately offered you another Room. Our Executive Housekeeping staff check every single Room everyday. But I understand we can make a mistake. We were awarded 2009 Director's award for Cleanliness, maintenance and excellent customer service. And we take responsibility for good or bad experience our Guests have during their stay. I hope this isolated incidence would not keep you, for not staying at our Hotel again. Thank You for taking the time to provide your feedback.