“Venue for Every Occasion”
Review of Brocach

Brocach
Ranked #141 of 983 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitewater, Wisconsin
“Venue for Every Occasion”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to Brocach a lot during my undergraduate studies in part to having studied abroad in Northern Ireland. It was a place I knew had the Irish Ciders that I love so much. They also have some fun cocktails too. My favorite dishes are the fish & chips and the bangers & mash! I love it so much I had my graduation family dinner there and everyone loved it. If you want great drinks, atmosphere and food you should look no further.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Favorite place!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I LOVE coming to Brocach. It's friendly and fun! The authentic music they find to play is wonderful. Almost as great at their Stoli Doli's...seriously, try one up! Almost a tragedy when they run out of Stoli Doli.

1 Thank Maria H
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best fish in fish & chips I've ever had.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped in this restaurant on a whim last night. We've been to the UK and eaten in pubs there and while you'd never mistake this place for a traditional UK pub (too well lit, clean and new), you'd be remiss if you didn't give this place a try.

I had the fish and chips and my husband had the shepherd's pie. The fish was the best fish in a fish and chips plate I've ever had -- light, flakey and flavorful. The tartar sauce was excellent (and I usually don't even like tartar sauce, so that's saying something). My husband thought his shepherd's pie was flavorful and filling and he especially loved the mashed potatoes.

The service was excellent from the greeter jumping up to greet us immediately to our server who was attentive without being annoying. The ambiance was warm and welcoming and on a chilly night we appreciated being seated near the fireplace. The ladies rest room was clean and large.

We will definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Madison
“Delicious and Laid Back”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This restaurant serves quite delicious Irish based foods. I can't really compare it to real Irish cuisine, but everything I have had there has been very yummy. I would recommend the shepherds pie, the serving size is huge, you'll have enough for lunch the next day!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Fish fry and beer to die for. . .”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love this place. We visited for the first time in December and came back in February. Both times we enjoyed the atmosphere, the great service, and the delicious food. My husband loved the bangers and mash and had it both times. I had the salmon special the first time and the fish fry (fried haddock) the second time. Both were excellent. The fried fish was flaky and light. Fantastic! Be sure to try some of the unusual beers on tap as well--staff is knowledgable about everything.