“Delicious and Laid Back”
Review of Brocach

Brocach
Ranked #80 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This restaurant serves quite delicious Irish based foods. I can't really compare it to real Irish cuisine, but everything I have had there has been very yummy. I would recommend the shepherds pie, the serving size is huge, you'll have enough for lunch the next day!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love this place. We visited for the first time in December and came back in February. Both times we enjoyed the atmosphere, the great service, and the delicious food. My husband loved the bangers and mash and had it both times. I had the salmon special the first time and the fish fry (fried haddock) the second time. Both were excellent. The fried fish was flaky and light. Fantastic! Be sure to try some of the unusual beers on tap as well--staff is knowledgable about everything.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Irish Stew, made with beef and lamb meat is delicious! Definitely reminiscent of a traditional pub meal on the emerald isle. this place is filled with Irish charm and flair, and many of the staff (at least on my visit) seem to speak with an Irish accent as well. Well worth a visit - just across the street from the Capitol.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Bangers and Mash was wonderful. The fried cod was over cooked and dry, but the curry slaw was great. Dessert included their cheese cake that was delicious. The pasta with salmon was tastey.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We walked to dinner from HotelRed and enjoyed a delicious fish fry. I saw the Shepherd's Pie being delivered to the next table, and I will definitely be ordering that on our next visit. Baked Cod and Beer Battered Haddock ... slaw, rye bread ... and seriously, the best German Potato Salad I've ever eaten (so much that I asked for the ingredients and hope to replicate at home).

Been to Brocach? Share your experiences!