“I eat here often”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food is so incredibly good, and it always has good service.

I am supposed to type at least 100 characters, but I have nothing more to say.......

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just had a rehearsal dinner at this restaurant. The only downside was the seating was a bit awkward because of the loveseats instead of chairs along one side of the table. But no problem, we just made the younger ones crawl in there. LOL! The food was very good, the atmosphere was great and the staff WONDERFUL! I don't know where they get the pretzel bread they serve with the cheese dip, but that stuff is addicting! Oh, and the location is great - right on Capitol Square, about a half block from our hotel.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Brocach is an Irish-themed pub across the street from the Capital. On a recent stay, I stopped by there twice: once for drinks and dessert and once for dinner.

On both trips, the servers were great. There were attentive without being intrusive, and the speed of service was good. One night, we had to arrange for a large group, and the manager was easy to work with and helpful.

Brocach offers a wide variety of beer and mixed drinks. They have Guinness of course, but it is nice to find they have Murphy's and Smithwick on tap as well. The Irish coffee is a good nightcap.

For dinner, Brocach offers a number of pub specialties--it is a good selection of offerings for a pub. While the service was still great, the food was not as successful. The salmon I ordered was all right--slightly overlooked and a bit dry, despite the side of ratatouille, which was flavorful.

Only a few selections are offered for dessert, but they are all good. The night I went for dessert, I was with a group. We each had a separate dessert, and each one was devoured.

One aspect of Brocach that won't show up on a menu is its warm and friendly atmosphere. Beyond the friendliness of the employees, it is the kind of place where it is easy to spend an evening sharing a pint and good conversation with friends.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We met up here for a post-wedding rehearsal and ate dinner here. The pub is done in dark woods and reds -- very pretty with comfortable couches and oversized chairs in the upstairs bar. Dinner was tasty - try the pretzel bread with beer-cheese dip. Yum!

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Brocach also sits right on the state house square, so it has a great location. It also has a small outdoor patio. Beer and food was reasonably priced. Check it out.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have never had a bad meal here. I go for lunch since my office is close by. Menu is varied. It has many Irish dishes and great soups. Worth a visit! Right on the square, near a bus stop.

Been to Brocach? Share your experiences!