“Dear Candlewood Suites”

Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Duluth, Minnesota
“Dear Candlewood Suites”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Where do you get off? Immaculately clean rooms AND friendly staff? Who do you think you are? By now, you may have guessed I am speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Candlewood Suites Fitchburg, do not change a thing. (Actually, the only thing to change would be to get flatscreen tvs.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I thought the customer service from all 3 shifts at the desk was very good. I stayed in a king suite which was spacious, had everything we needed, comfortable bed. I really liked that they have a DVD player in the room and movies at the desk to check out. The location was very ideal for our stay-closest to a restaurant we wanted to go to and the comedy show we had tickets to. All in all it was a wonderful stay with no issues which made our wedding day even better. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We didn't actually stay at this hotel, but had great customer service when we called and needed to cancel. We didn't meet the usual cancellation policy deadline, but they were very understanding and willing to work with us. We will plan to stay here in the future based on this experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth M
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently stayed at Candlewood Suites in Fitchburg, Wi as I was relocating to the Madison area. I originally booked a stay for 30 days, but in the end, extended my stay for 75 days. I could not have made a better choice. The location was ideally located just off the belt line, in an area that made exploring Madison, as well as the surrounding suburbs, very easy to explore. The staff was attentive, courteous, always said "good morning" and "welcome back". The building was always clean, quiet and the heated garage saved me from the recent snow storms. My room was well appointed with a full size fridge, microwave, stove top and came with everything I needed to cook meals. The manager, Karen, was very responsive and accommodating. She designed my stay to maximize my budget and was very gracious as I kept pushing back my check out date. All in all it was a very comfortable place to call "home" while I discovered all that the Madison area had to offer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ingleside, Illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff was friendly. Busy area. Grocery store really close. The amenities in the room were less than average. Such as only one cup in the kitchen, and usable paper goods such as tissue just about empty. The views were all of apartment buildings. But that is just the location. Close to many Madison attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear kayakdeb2,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our room amenities. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for six months. Very best staff!! Large Clean comfortable room. Underground Garage during the winter! Across the street from grocery store and restaurants. Nice neighborhood with walking trail. Thanks Candlewood!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed 4 nights. Super friendly and helpful staff!!!

Door locks didn't work properly. No lotions or creams furnished - only small bars of soap. There was no maid service and we had to ask for clean towels. The garbage was not taken out of room. Thermostat turned up to 80 no heat - only cold air. We asked to have heater fixed after second night - then it was ok. The room was clean and the shuttle service was very good. This hotel was not up to par with other Candlewood Hotels I have stayed at. I was very dissappointed in overall hotel but I can't brag on the staff enough - they were very nice and considerate. There is a little pantry with free coffee and tea + food for sale. Room was large and kitchen was well furnished. They simply need to have maid service and there is none. They also need to fix the door locks as the keys would not work most of the time.

Room Tip: Get the top floor as the floors are thin and you can hear people above you walking around.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Jill B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that you have mentioned our friendly staff. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Most importantly, I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments about the heater has been documented and will certainly be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#15 of 63 in Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center
Best Western West Towne Suites
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown

Been to Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg? Share your experiences!