“Great Experience”

Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Madison
grand forks
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

After the stay this is what I sent as a comment.

My wife and I do a bit of traveling and have stayed at quite a few hotels.
We recently traveled 9 + hours from ND to Wisconsin and spent the night at your hotel.
I just wanted to let you know that it was the most refrehing experience that I have ever had staying at a hotel.
Your facility is second to none. The staff were professional, courteous and unblieveably friendly.
After traveling for such a long period of time in a car we were exhausted. We arrived ealier than check in but Jacoby was able to get us into our room a little early. That has never happened before. She was very friendly. She also assisted us with transportation to and from the rink.
The staff the entire weekend was like no other experience I've had. That is why I had to send this message to commend your staff and facility on top notch service.
I think you have relized what others have not.
When customers first walk in the door thier first impression and experience is going to come down to the staff at the desk and how they are treated in those first few moments.
A warm greeting, a smile, attitude and appereance are key. Getting full attention a pleasant check in and the feeling they care and are there to help you.
What a great job. I don't know if all Candelwood hotels are they same or not. I would defintely stay at your hotel again and will definitely recommend it to others.
Your staff and facility are grade A.
So many times a person is over charged for a dumpy place and are brushed off by desk people who make you feel like you are an inconvienence. They are dressed poorly and hygiene is questionable.
I was starting to lose faith in the industry to say the least.
Please share this with everyone who participated and to your branch managers.
Great job - you really made my weekend more enjoyable.

They paid for our taxi since they didn't have an available shuttle.
They have movies at the desk you can check out. The facility is new and the king suites are huge - clean.
Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — staff and price
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The Candlewood Suites in Fitchburg, Wisconsin (near Madison) is brand new, very fresh and clean. The front desk staff were all very nice, albeit not terribly helpful. The room was quite nice and large with a desk/table, lounge chair, tv, king bed and small kitchenette. However, their is no daily houskeeping service (so you make your own bed and take your wet towel to the front desk for replacements), no breakfast except for the first day packet of coffee to brew (then you have to purchase coffee for the rest of your stay from their "cupboard"). There was no suitcase stand in the room, so you dig things out of your suitcase on the floor and although the refrigerator was supposed to make ice, I couldn't get it to work and no one else seemed to know how to either, so I had no ice. When I checked in I signed the sheet with my credit card number and initialed the rate. When I checked out, I discovered that the rate I initialed was only the first day... the rate went up incrementally every day throughout my stay so that it was significantly more than I had imagined. I have traveled around the world and have stayed at extended stay facilities and moderate to lavish hotels. The Candlewood suites brags about their amenities. I couldn't find any! I was very disappointed and I won't return.

• Liked — Very new, clean and fresh.
  • Disliked — Highly overpriced for the accomodations.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank tym2fly
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 9, 2007

This hotel is brand new, so it was fresh and clean. The room was huge, with a spacious bathroom. Each room has a full kitchen, thus there is no restaurant or breakfast buffet in the hotel. But there was a free bag of popcorn in the microwave!
Oddly, the room had no luggage rack, so if two people occupy a room with two beds, there's no where to set your suitcases except the floor or the desk.
There's a computer with free Internet access in the lobby, but the connection was frequently down.
The biggest negative here was that altho they will bring fresh towels if needed, they will not clean your room more than once a week, not even to remove used towels.

• Liked — Spacious clean room
  • Disliked — Minimal housekeeping services
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Wyndham Garden Madison Fitchburg
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#13 of 63 in Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest
Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown

Been to Candlewood Suites Madison - Fitchburg? Share your experiences!