“Excellent Sushi Rolls and the best Teriyaki”

Takumi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dubuque, Iowa
“Excellent Sushi Rolls and the best Teriyaki”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I brought my family to Takumi ealier this week for dinner. My wife and I are sushi fans, and both thought it was among the best sushi rolls we've ever enjoyed anywhere. Everything was fresh, flavorful, tender and of seemingly high quality. The prices were very reasonable.

Additionally, we enjoyed the best Teriyaki (Salmon) I've ever had hands-down. Very mild yet flavorful teriyaki sauce and tender, moist salmon.

We had veggie tempura as well, which was excellent. I have not had tempura in as many restaurants as I have sushi rolls or teriyaki, but I can say these were quite good.

Although located in an auto-oriented strip mall, the interior is a comfortable japanese decor, and excellent service.

I would highly recommend Takumi to friends, family and colleagues. We'll definitely make may future returns.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wisconsin
“Excellent Food and Service at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had lunch here today, Donburi with salad and sushi. All was nicely prepared and served. The Katsu Donburi was very good, much above average. This homestyle dish can be difficult to prepare properly, and varies widely. Although one of my favorites, it can be disappointing. But not here, which impressed me. This is a small restaurant in a small strip mall, but still nicely decorated and a pleasant atmosphere. Service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. Very pleased, and would come here again.

• Visited June 2013
Sun Prairie WI
“Best Sushi in Madison, WI”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is the best sushi in Madison. We have had every sushi place in Madison and this is better than rest. The staff is good. The sushi masters know what they are doing that is for sure. The sushi is delicious and fresh!

• Visited March 2013
PA
“Top notch Sushi”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had to take a minute to add a quick review. The sushi was perfectly fresh, service was great and make this your first choice for Sushi if your traveling in this area. I travel all over and typically always visit a sushi bar. I'm not a sushi expert but I can tell fresh sushi when I eat it. I had the Sushi deluxe and it was melt in your mouth.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Great,dependable sushi spot; Great service even when busy. Nice quality sushi”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I like this place. The sushi is delicious and fresh, and they have some cool, imaginitive rolls.
Prices are reasonable too.
Even when they are busy - the service is quick and the sushi comes out in a timely fashion.
Great place for sushi in Madison area, near the Towne mall.

• Visited April 2013