“Was craving late night sushi, was not disappointed.....”

Takumi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #133 of 1,008 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Was in town on business and was missing my hometown sushi restaurant. I found this resaurant online, had some good reviews so decided to try it out. Called just to confirm their hours since it was 930pm on a monday evening and they said they were still serving. I rushed over as I was only a few minutes away and was greeted with a smile and not as a customer that was showing up at the last minute. I made sure to order quickly as closing time was approaching and was treated to a great display of my sushi order being put together. The presentation was great and the food was even better. I had an assortment of nine different pieces and one roll and really enjoyed it. I would definitely come back, especially when I had more time to enjoy the resaurant more.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

To me there is two ways to judge sushi. One based on funky creative rolls and are more "fusion-y" and two based on good classic rolls that are consitent. If you want #1 you go to Restaurant or Sushi Muramoto, if you want #2 you go to Takumi. They are always good, always quick and always afforable. I love that they have take out and lunch specials. Their lunch combo of two rolls and soup or a salad is a steal! There is something about their california roll that makes me order it, even though I would NEVER order it anywhere else. Their fish is always fresh. Some sushi restaurants when they have a deal will just add more rice and less fish, Takumi is nothing like that. I trust that no matter what or when I order it will meet the standard they have set time and time again.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Having traveled all over the Pacific Islands and seemingly had the freshest sushi in the world we were pleasantly surprised to find an equal right here in Madison by East Towne. We were greeted at the door with a smile and were pleasantly surprised with the relaxing decor and ambiance. We each ordered the lunch sushi plate which included chef's choice of five pieces sushi and one roll along with your choice of either soup (miso) or salad and tea. Having been a fan of the competition for years, I really didn't think I could be brought over to the east side as a regular but I have to say this was bar none the freshest, most skillfully prepared and tasty sushi I have ever had in Madison. Put away the wasabi and soy and enjoy it for what it is...a tasty fresh treat from the ocean MMMM. We both agreed that this is our local sushi joint from now on.

1  Thank Shelley11
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The sushi is fresh, tasty and there is quite a variety. In addition to this the people are friendly and willing to give good recommendations. Won't go wrong by going here for a nice sushi meal. Bring some friends!

1  Thank rockchalktraveler
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Amazing food, they haven a sushi master and you can tell. Great service and the best sushi around. If you are in the mood for sushi, it would be a shame to go anywhere else. We eat in the restaurant, get take out, and also have the hibachi (sp?) grill and loved all options.

1  Thank ChicagoTravel80