“Good food; good service; but quite noisy”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #71 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 20, 2014

When you visit one, you will have the same experience at them all. Was seated promptly, which was a pleasant surprise as the parking lot as full. Food is very good. I had salad and BBQ chicken. The portions are always too large for me; and I can't take the left overs back to my hotel room.

Two things I didn't like--the servers and manager make too many trips to your table to "check on you." Once a couple minutes after the main course arrives is sufficient--then leave me alone! Second, this is a noisy place--but I realize that is part of their brand. I do not want to be yelled at or yell out Yee-Haa for a birthday every 10 minutes. I was alone, but I don't know how ease it would have been to carry on a conversation with someone at my table.

But again, the food tasted good, was hot, and was more than ample portions. And those sweet rolls and cinnamon butter.... mmmm

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The service is fantastic and the food was very tasty. I've only visited Texas Roadhouse twice and had one of the least expensive items on their menu but one of my favorites: Road Kill-- which is the chopped steak, however, it has my favorites on top...mushrooms, onions and melted cheese. The baked potato was out of this world for they put salt on the outside and it was baked to perfection. Plus the other nice benefit received from eating here are the nice hot buns with sweetened butter (I think it is cinnamon in it).

The waitresses danced making it fun but I need to thank this Roadhouse because they do not blast their music like the one does where I live. You can actually talk to somebody and hear your conversation, so THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant three or four times. I've had the New York Strip, which was cooked perfectly, once and the ribs two or three times. The ribs were slightly underseasoned once, but they had great flavor and texture the other times. This location is very busy, even early in the evenings, which says something for its popularity. The only downside is it can get quite noisy.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you are ever in this restaraunt,please, please please try their loaded sweet potatoes. I never tried anything like this before. They are soooooo delicious.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went here with my husband for our date night. The manager Dave ruined our night by his bad skills. We left after our drinks and will never return. Went some place else down the road had some good food and drinks with very nice staff and management. I will never recommend this place ever again.

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!