“Very good experence.”
Review of Capitol Chophouse

Capitol Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Capitol Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Pinckney Street
Description: Capitol ChopHouse is a destination spot not just for hotel guests, but locals as well. Executive Chef Sean Pharr’s style, menu and leadership raises the bar for hotel restaurants and steakhouses alike. The only place in Madison to find Prime Steaks! Enjoy the professional atmosphere and service for business lunches or dinners. Imbibe from a unique wine selection, our servers will recommend an excellent pairing for you! Our three private dining rooms can accommodate up to 40 people for your special occasion or important business dinner. Inquire with an event planner to create a customized experience your guests won’t forget!
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Very good experence.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Have had a business dinner here several times and have never had a bad meal. The service is always top notch.

Visited July 2014

“Consistently Good”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been here 4 or 5 times now and have never been disappointed. On my latest visit (my parents 51st wedding anniversary) we all had steaks. Two fillets and one strip steak. All three of us were quite pleased. We ordered three sides, which are large enough to share. One had the lobster Mac n cheese, one the grilled asparagus and I had snow peas. Once again, all three of us were pleased.
I like the atmosphere and the wait staff is well trained. The prices were high ($48 for my fillet) but the quality was high too. I always say that I don't mind paying if the food, service and atmosphere is worth it. I say it's worth it to go there and have a superior steak in a pleasant atmosphere.

Visited July 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Thumbs up!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fish (halibut, tuna) and fish appetizers (ceviche, tuna tartare, shrimp) are very fresh and had just the right amount of spice. Ciabatta rolls with goat cheese butter that come at the beginning of the meal are spectacular. Quiet, romantic ambience. A little dark for a group of friends maybe. Great service, great food.

Visited May 2014
Michael W, Manager at Capitol Chophouse, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant. I hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Chicago, IL
“Nice atmosphere, very good food!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I really enjoyed the old-school steakhouse vibe of this place. Wine list was very good, as were our steaks. The only thing that was a bit off was the demeanor of the waitstaff: every one of the approached each new table with the exact same spiel, most of them delivering it in stilted, formal tones. It came across as forced, and maybe a little pretentious. Let them drop the upscale attitude and just be themselves: they will seem a lot friendlier that way. :-)

Visited April 2014
We put a lot of energy into serving superior product and offering a diverse wine list, I am happy that you enjoyed your dinner! I will share your feedback about the waitstaff with the team. Our staff takes a lot of pride in delivering outstanding service and feedback from our guests is a useful tool in helping our staff in delivering outstanding service.
Michigan Center, Michigan
“Service was good, food was good.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Our server, Tanner was very good, both prompt and polite. Thank you Tanner. The food was very good and beautifully presented. My husband and I both started with a delicious wedge salad. We ordered a bottle of wine, which was more economical than the per glass price. My husband had an 8 oz filet that he stated was delicious and a side of asparagus. I had the 1/2 chicken with polenta and root vegetables. The chicken was cooked with a delicious rub and there's enough to take some home. The root vegetables were also tasty. The polenta was bland and was only tasty if you dredged it through the drippings from the chicken. As mentioned by other reviewers, it is expensive. Our dinner as mentioned above along with tip was $140. Very good dinner, good service, nice atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
Michael W, Manager at Capitol Chophouse, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for the review! I will be sharing your feedback with Tanner and the entire Chophouse team. I am glad that you enjoyed everything other than the polenta, should you dine with us again please don’t hesitate in telling your server if something is not to your liking. I hope you visit us again next time you are in town!