“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Lincoln, California
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My Mother, sister and myself recently stayed at this hotel as the final night of a week trip to Chicago and Darlington, Wisconsin. We selected this hotel because of the airport shuttle services that they offer. Upon arriving to our very nice room, the air conditioner was not working 100% so we called the Front Desk. The Maintenance person arrived within 5 minutes and the air was working again. About 11pm the air conditioning went into 'sleep mode' and stopped again. The Maintenance person came to the room, worked quietly and resolved the problem. He did tell us we could move immediately to another room to sleep if needed. At 6am we had a wonderful breakfast buffet - great fresh fruit, french toast, etc. Shuttle service was perfect! The entire staff and customer service at this hotel was exceptional!

Room Tip: Our room was on the freeway side and it was still quiet. I was also looking for 2 queen beds which...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank You for the positive comments! I apologize for the problems you experience with the room air conditioner but I was pleased to see that our staff took action immediately to resolve the issue. I will share your comments about the entire staff providing exceptional Customer Service with my team. I know they will be happy to see such positive recognition. We hope we have the pleasure of serving you again on your next visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Watertown, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I reserved a meeting room at the Holiday Inn, Alicia was very helpful.
The room was very comfortable , the breakfast was very good.
the room was as described and also the audio and video equipment was set up and ready to go.
I was very satisfied and I plan on returning for future meetings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JBrowoo7
Our staff does a great job in assisting meeting planners with the
events hosted at our property. Alicia and the other members of our
sales team are very meticulous and pay attention to detail. The support they
receive from staff members in other departments at the hotel helps in making these events successful. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your function and we hope we have the pleasure of doing so again in the future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at this location. I was disappointed to see that it is already showing some wear. It was packed, and had long waits for the elevator and at the restaurant. In the evening, I was essentially ignored and in the morning they were short-staffed. There was water on the floor near the noisy room heater and the previously attractive sink looked worn. There are other alternatives nearby and I will certainly be looking elsewhere next time - given the price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FrequentlyinItaly
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Offering a product that meets the expectations of our customers is important to us. We realize that there other options available when traveling to the area however, we want to be your first choice. I have reviewed with the staff the importance of exceptional service. I assure you we will work hard to improve upon those areas we have fallen short. We take all guest comments seriously and hope that you will give us another chance to earn your respect and trust the next time you visit Madison.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the third or fourth time we have stayed at this hotel. It is convenient to everything east of Madison for sure, and not far from attractions just an hour to the north. We have discovered during the course of these visits over the last few years that the hotel is frequently at capacity, and often with families with young children, which can be rough on the hotel property in general. This visit was a routine stay for us, and since we are Priority Rewards members, it affords us the keyed entry into the 5th (top) floor. This helps provide a quieter nights sleep normally, but not this night. The room they gave us had a exterior wall mounted heating unit that rumbled and growled all night, almost like it was alive. On top of this, when I checked in, she walked just out of view and retrieved one plastic bottle of water for me and my wife to share...rather cheap. Also, the room had no facial tissue, so we had to improvise. Lastly, we made arrangements for family to meet us for breakfast in the hotel, only to be seated at a booth where the table was wobbly and the booth seats were torn and patched with red duct tape. We promptly changed to a local restaurant nearby. The attention to detail is sorely missing here, and we are fearful of staying again on our next trip, thinking that the decline of this hotel is snowballing. If you are looking for first class accommodations, you might look elsewhere, because this place is quickly turning into a budget hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank eyebrowse2
Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a memorable experience and a level of service that will make them want to return. Unfortunately on your recent visit, we fell short. I will use your review in discussions and re-training of my staff. Working together we will make improvements in our overall service and take the action necessary to improve on our property deficiencies. We pride ourselves on our customer service and the product we provide and we will make every effort to ensure that your next visit exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The room and hotel was very clean and updated. The problem we had was the noise from being on an entire floor with a kid's sport team. Then, we went down to the hot tub during adult only swim time to find kids still swimming. We were very disappointed to spend a weekend away surrounded by kids and being woke up by kids playing outside our door. Not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Heidi P
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center. On that particular weekend we did have a large youth group staying with us and unfortunately we experienced a great deal of noise. We have reviewed with our staff the problems encountered and have retrained them on how to properly control these problem situations. The problems you encountered are uncharacteristic of our facility. We hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future and I assure you, you will experience the pleasant relaxing environment we are known for.
Missouri
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stay here 3-4 times each year and always feel at home. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with an excellent staff to support you. The buffet breakfast is alway good and drinks in the bar offer a chance to unwind after a day at the office. The business center, exercise room and pool complete the overall package...

This property is definately a good example of what a Holiday Inn property should be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
This is fantastic! Thank you so much for the positive review! It's great to hear comments like this from such loyal guests as yourself. We look forward to delivering another exceptional experience the next time you travel to Madison. Thank you again!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I spent just one night here before flying out of Madison the next morning. The staff was very accomodating and let us check in to our room prior to check in time. I'm a Priority member as as always they had my paperwork all ready to go (which I love!). The room was quite spacious and honored my request to be on the highest floor (to avoid stomping feet of other guests). The furnishings were modern and up to date as I have come to expect with the IHG chain in the past few years. The Sunday breakfast buffet was quite nice as was the business center and pool area. All and all a nice stay in this Madison hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IrishTravelingGirl
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I appreciate your positive comments regarding so many different aspects of our hotel! Priority Club (the rewards program for all IHG hotels worldwide) is a wonderful benefit of staying at our hotel. Priority Club Rewards members earn 10 points per dollar spent here! And for those of you already raking in the points, you only need 20,000 points for your award night at our hotel! We offer a buffet breakfast as well as a full menu in our restaurant every morning, and you can join us in the bar and grill for dinner every night. Our business center and fitness center are available to guests 24 hours, and the pool and hot tub are open from 6am to 10pm for kids, with an extra hour until 11pm just for adults. Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center!