“Easy 3+ Star Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 62 Hotels in Madison
Somerset, WI
“Easy 3+ Star Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed 5 days while in Madison for work. Very nice property. I had a 2nd floor single with a king size bed. Room was laid out very nice with ample towels. My room had a shower only, no bath tub. Ok for me but my spouse would not have liked that had she been along. Bed and pillows were great, very comfortable. Housekeeping staff did a great job keeping all areas tidy. Front desk staff was very nice and accomidating. Free coffee station in lobby with to-go cups and free USA Today news papers.

The pool looked very nice (I did not use it). The gym was huge for a hotel workout room (I didn't use it). The on-site restaurant/bar was very good (had dinner there twice, breakfast once). Nicer area of Madison (off of I94/I90), was never worried about my vehicle in the lot. There is security on site in the evening hours. WI-FI on the 2nd floor was very fast with a full signal. Huge flat LCD flat screen TV with basic cable and HBO. Nice new furniture and decore.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
It’s nice to hear we may see you again soon! Our Simmons BeautyRest pillow top mattresses are an experience in themselves for delivering a great night’s sleep. Rooms have either one king bed or two queen beds, and as you mentioned, all the rooms with king beds have a wonderful glass walk-in shower, whereas the rooms with two queens have a bathtub.

The coffee maker in each guestroom is another great amenity for those early mornings, but you are more than welcome to come to the lobby to grab a free cup of coffee and USA today. In addition, the Seattle’s Best coffee kiosk opens at 6am during the week and 6:30am on the weekend if you would like a cappuccino, latte, mocha, tea, or hot chocolate to warm you up.

The island-themed pool and waterfall hot tub are enjoyed by kids and adults alike, and our professional athlete-designed fitness center is open to adults 24-hours a day featuring two bicycles, two treadmills, two elliptical machines, free weights, and a full set of dumbbells.

Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel has very clean spacious rooms that are not cluttered. The staff was friendly and helpful and the price is right. Downtown Madison is about 15 minutes away and the hotel is only 5 minutes from the mall, and many other stores and places to eat. The pool was clean and the hot tub was the perfect temperature. The kids had a blast. I would stay again if passing through that part of the state for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
How wonderful to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us here in Madison, WI! My staff is dedicated to keeping the hotel clean and welcoming, accommodating your needs, and delivering exceptional service. The pool and restaurant provide convenient amenities right outside your door. And just like you mentioned, the mall, airport, and capitol building are an easy drive down the street. We're excited to have you here with us again!
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel it was a great experience, The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating the bar service was outstanding, extremely friendly and attentive bartenders, the food was great we will stay here again on our next trip out West.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mymybe11
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for joining us all the way from Ohio!

What's high in the middle and round on both ends? OHIO! (O-high-O) Haha!

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Feedback is always welcome, and it's especially nice to present wonderful comments like this to my staff! Have a great day, and we'll be here for you the next time you're in Madison!
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Everyone was courteous and friendly and my stay was very enjoyable. Casie our banquet attendant was very professional and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The food we were served was exceptional and was more than what I expected and the bar staff was great also. Please congratulate your staff on a job well done.

I look forward to staying at your facility my next trip to Madison.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am glad you had a chance to experience our award-winning service, guest rooms, and meeting space! It sounds like you had a great night’s sleep in our Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattresses. And our meeting space can accommodate events from the smallest boardroom meetings to weddings with over 200 guests. I will absolutely share your comments with Casie, my kitchen, and my bar staff, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We wanted to stay at a hotel closer to downtown Madison but couldn't pass up the price per night at the Holiday Inn. While it was not our ideal location (about 20-25 minutes to main attractions), it was a clean hotel with basic amenities. The restaurant served a decent breakfast buffet and although our room did include free breakfast, the price was very reasonable ($10.95 adults). That is a steal for a hotel breakfast! We did order room service for dinner one night and the food was disappointing but we weren't expecting a gourmet meal. The only complaint was that the bathrooms weren't cleaned to my expectations.

Room Tip: Not sure why, but our room was on the 5th floor and required a key access for the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
I appreciate your comments and, more specifically, the title of your review. We pride ourselves on providing guests with a high quality experience at a reasonable price. That includes amenities like our pool, hot tub, fitness center, full-service restaurant, business center, and free wireless internet. The fifth floor (our top floor) is an upgraded room type. The key card access minimizes distractions from guests who do not have a room on that floor and from guests in rooms above you. It is beneficial to business travelers looking for an exceptionally quiet room.

Our hotel is located on the eastside of Madison. We are just five minutes from the shopping and family restaurants in and around the East Towne Mall, and only another five minutes from the Dane County Regional Airport. The Wisconsin Capitol Building and University of Wisconsin-Madison are 20 minutes away, a straight drive to downtown Madison with numerous restaurants and shops along the way. On the other hand, our room-service and in-room entertainment provide everything you need to enjoy an evening within the comfort of your own room.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will choose Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center for your next visit to Madison.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here for three weeks. The staff was great, rooms comfortable and any problem I had was taked care of. I'm not a big drinker but Wednesday Night Happy hour was fun. Great food and choice of beer, wine or soda for free. The owner of the hotel was there to great you and thank you for staying. Very nice person and great Hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 2vrods
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! We have been receiving an extrememly positive response from the Stay Social hour we have every Wednesday from 5:30pm to 6:50pm. During the Stay Social hour, we host draft beer and house wine and soda. Guests are also welcome to the snacks our chef whips up during that time. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Hillsboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very nice accomodations and a great place to stay. The staff was excellent. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Fantastic! I'm glad we lived up to our award-winning reputation! I hope you were able to enjoy our restaurant Geier's Grill and our island-themed pool during your stay. I'll be sure to share your positive feedback with my staff, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.