Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsnice holidayfront deskbusiness parkerin's snugbreakfast buffethomecoming weekendgreat poolother hotelspool areaflat screennice lobbyhot tubfitness roomnice sizerooms were very cleancomfy bedshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here for three weeks. The staff was great, rooms comfortable and any problem I had was taked care of. I'm not a big drinker but Wednesday Night Happy hour was fun. Great food and choice of beer, wine or soda for free. The owner of the hotel was there to great you and thank you for staying. Very nice person and great Hotel!

1  Thank 2vrods
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for the feedback! We have been receiving an extrememly positive response from the Stay Social hour we have every Wednesday from 5:30pm to 6:50pm. During the Stay Social hour, we host draft beer and house wine and soda. Guests are also welcome to the snacks our chef whips up during that time. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very nice accomodations and a great place to stay. The staff was excellent. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Fantastic! I'm glad we lived up to our award-winning reputation! I hope you were able to enjoy our restaurant Geier's Grill and our island-themed pool during your stay. I'll be sure to share your positive feedback with my staff, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel and all I can say positive was that the hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. As well as having a very good and fast Wi-Fi connection. The negatives were that the walls as thin so we could hear everything going on in the hall and in the rooms around us. There was no microwave in the room and refrigerator was warm, we had to pull it out from under the counter to change the tepature setting as it was located on the back of the fridge.

Even though check out was advertised as noon, we had cleaning staff knocking on our door at 9:00AM and trying to get into our room to clean it.

A caution with this hotel was that they advertise a FREE hot breakfast buffet with the room, but when we went down for breakfast there was a continental breakfast buffet and a hot breakfast buffet that had a sign on it that said the hot buffet was an extra four dollars per person. So we chose to stick with the continental buffet and that only included toast, bagels, small muffins and fruit and as we were finishing our breakfast we were handed a $9.71 dollar bill for breakfast. On the bill I was charged just shy of $3.00 for two pieces of buttered toast, which was horrible and that I could not finish. We complained about the bill and pointed out that the room was to include a free breakfast. We were told “Oh you have to get coupons from the front desk for the breakfast” these coupons were not given to us and we were not told that we had to ask for them. So I watched as several other people at the breakfast buffet were given bills and paid for their breakfast. What a rip off to scam more money out of the guests.

It has been a long time since I stayed at a Holiday in but after them lying to me and trying to scam more money out of me it will be a long time again before I step into another Holiday Inn. I can stay at much nicer hotels for only a few dollars more a night and not be lied to and ripped off.

2  Thank Grover28
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will be discussing your comments with my staff to evaluate the policies and procedures we have in place regarding our breakfast, and I’d like to assure you that we are not trying to scam or cheat guests out of their hard-earned money. Unfortunately, breakfast is not included at our hotel, but some package rates that include breakfast are available, and our restaurant Geier’s Grill is open every morning.

We do indeed have a 12pm check-out time (11am at most hotels) and a 4pm check-in time. Holiday Inn offers a program called ‘Express Checkout’. At night, a receipt is slipped under the door of occupied guestrooms, allowing guests to bypass the front desk when checking-out in the morning. Consequently, housekeeping does not know which rooms have departed and which rooms are still occupied, so they must knock on doors to find the ‘Express Checkout’ rooms they can enter and clean earlier. Regrettably in this instance, the policy affected your stay, so I understand your frustration and apologize for the trouble. We invite all our guests to utilize the ‘Do Not Disturb’ signs placed in every room. Housekeeping will not attempt to clean those rooms until the sign has been removed or the check-out time has passed.

All our rooms are equipped with a mini-refrigerator, 32” HDTV, hair dryer, coffeemaker, and safe, whereas additional amenities, such as a microwave, business center, convenience store, restaurant, pool, hot tub, and fitness center, can be found on our first floor for public use.

I’m glad our free high-speed wireless internet access and clean facilities were positive parts of your stay, which I believe is more characteristic of our ‘Quality Excellence’ award-winning hotel. Please feel free to contact me at timharris@sixtitles.com if you have any other comments or concerns, and I appreciate the time you took writing this review.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Minnesota. The staff was nice. The room was nothing special. There was a wedding reception downstairs and we were on the 2nd floor and could hear the music loud and clear until 12:00 am. I wish we were told that this would be going on before we checked in. The room service was way overpriced. Needless to say we are done with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hello marimon77. Thank you for this review. I apologize for the difficulties you had during your previous stay, and I'd like to assure you that the problems you encountered are uncharacteristic of my hotel and other Holiday Inn/IHG properties. While events and meetings are a fundamental segment of my hotel’s operations, their negative impact on other guests is unacceptable, and I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention so I can address them with my staff to ensure others do not experience the same conditions.

Our restaurant menu features American-style food at prices ranging from $9 for salads and sandwiches to $19 for steaks and ribs. The menu is tailored to suit the lifestyles of our everyday guests who trust Holiday Inn to deliver an exceptional experience for all their travel needs. Convenient room service is offered daily during the regular breakfast and dinner hours, and our friendly servers are always ready for your call.

Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you will consider Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a top-notch Holiday Inn and we will definately stay here again. The rooms were excellently maintained; the room lighting is bright and cheery (including the bathroom). The Air Conditioning unit functioned exceptionally well and it completely cooled our room (unlike all of the other 6 hotels on our vacation). The beds were in excellent condition and we felt like we were floating on a cloud. Every staff member we interacted with was professional and pleasant.

Last, a few other Holiday Inns we have stayed at have had large bus tour or high school groups that took over the breakfast rooms or restaurants. It made for an unpleasant meal experience. However, this Holiday Inn at the American Center does not suffer from this problem.

Thanks again for a perfect stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I am delighted you had such a pleasant experience! Our LG air conditioning units and 32 inch flat screen HDTVs provide the comforting atmosphere guests require when staying for business and leisure. Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattresses fill every guestroom, and the rooms offer a choice of one king-size or two queen-size beds. Our caring staff members are always available and have a plethora of local knowledge to help you plan the trip you always wanted.

While group business is an integral part of hotel operation, we do our best to ensure our guests are not affected, and I’m glad we succeeded during your stay. Our restaurant features a long buffet line to minimize the impact of large groups, and the room service option provides an added benefit if you would like to have a meal in the comfort of your own room.

Thanks again for the great review!