All reviewsnice holidayfront deskbreakfast buffetpool areagreat poolfitness centernice lobbyhot tubcleaning staffrooms were very cleancomfy bedwould stay againexercise roomexcellent stayeasy accessstaff was friendlycrossfit
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is a top-notch Holiday Inn and we will definately stay here again. The rooms were excellently maintained; the room lighting is bright and cheery (including the bathroom). The Air Conditioning unit functioned exceptionally well and it completely cooled our room (unlike all of the other 6 hotels on our vacation). The beds were in excellent condition and we felt like we were floating on a cloud. Every staff member we interacted with was professional and pleasant.

Last, a few other Holiday Inns we have stayed at have had large bus tour or high school groups that took over the breakfast rooms or restaurants. It made for an unpleasant meal experience. However, this Holiday Inn at the American Center does not suffer from this problem.

Thanks again for a perfect stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I am delighted you had such a pleasant experience! Our LG air conditioning units and 32 inch flat screen HDTVs provide the comforting atmosphere guests require when staying for business and leisure. Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattresses fill every guestroom, and the rooms offer a choice of one king-size or two queen-size beds. Our caring staff members are always available and have a plethora of local knowledge to help you plan the trip you always wanted.

While group business is an integral part of hotel operation, we do our best to ensure our guests are not affected, and I’m glad we succeeded during your stay. Our restaurant features a long buffet line to minimize the impact of large groups, and the room service option provides an added benefit if you would like to have a meal in the comfort of your own room.

Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed one night so we could attend an early wedding the following morning. I had never been to Wisconsin before, so I had "modest" expectations of the accommodations and the greater Madison area. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was very clean, well kept and the Wi-Fi was free and fast. I even grabbed a bite at the restaurant downstairs -- the cheesy garlic bread and a baked potato -- both of which were simple, but tasty. The service was quick and courteous, also. I am a particular traveler, and the Holiday Inn met my expectations for a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: IT's in the middle of nowhere (an industrial park), so most of the rooms probably have a similar view of the field and parking lot. We had a room on the fourth floor at the end of the hall, so we heard no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Takea N
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Cheesy garlic bread and a baked potato sound like good compliments to our new summer rib special. A full or half rack of ribs comes with fries and coleslaw, and the first round of Bud Light or Shock Top is on us! At the same time, you can utilize the free Wi-Fi in the restaurant as well as the lobby, meeting space, and guestrooms. And with the East Towne Mall only five minutes away, we’re just a hop, skip, and a jump away from shopping and family fun. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for years now. I always enjoy my stay at this Holiday Inn. A clean hotel and the staff is tremendous. Great people all the way around! Will continue to stay at this hotel while traveling for business. Love it!! Business man from Las Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

I'm so happy my staff continuously delivers an exeptional experience for you! As an award-winning hotel, we hear positive stories like this all the time, and we love the feedback! I have no doubt we will see you soon and look forward to it! Thank you!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed for one night ( thursday ) and was pleasantly surprised. The facility was clean , staff friendly and the room was spacious. My room was located on the second floor facing the rear of the hotel. I got my room off of priceline, which rated the hotel as a 3 1/2 stars.. this was the best 3.5 I have ever experienced. No negatives...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Hello, and thank you for writing a wonderful review! I am so excited you had a great experience and that you have only positive things to say! As an award-winning hotel four years in a row, my staff and I have very high expectations for our hotel, and I am proud to hear we exceeded your expectations as well! Please come visit us again soon, and we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Friendly staff at the front desk and bar/restaurant. Rooms and entire hotel are clean and well kept. No complaints would recommend to anyone.