All reviewsnice holidayfront deskbreakfast buffetpool areagreat poolfitness centernice lobbyhot tubcleaning staffrooms were very cleancomfy bedwould stay againexercise roomexcellent stayeasy accessstaff was friendlycrossfit
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Friendly staff at the front desk and bar/restaurant. Rooms and entire hotel are clean and well kept. No complaints would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here Sunday night before flying out on Monday morning. With their free airport shuttle, we were able to drop our rental car a day early and use the shuttle to and from the hotel to the airport. Clean fresh room, fast internet, and friendly service. The hotel is in a business park a bit away from the airport itself, so you will need a car if you're going to do any running around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ColetteAndJim
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

I'm glad you had a chance to utilize our complimentary shuttle service. As you noted, the shuttle provides transportation to and from the airport 24 hours a day. In addtion, the shuttle transports guests to and from local businesses and facilities within a 5-mile radius between 7:00am and 11:00pm. It is an ideal service for those who do not know the area or do not have transportation. Enterprise Car Rental is less than five minutes away if you decide to explore the city on your own, and feel free to ask our helpful front desk staff for directions, information, and recommendations. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I was surprised to find out the hotel wa not "New". Great appearance walking in and all areas that we visited. Clean and quiet rooms, fun little pool area with basketball hoops (could paint the rust). Breakfast buffet was the usual but they did keep it up well. VERY FREINDLY STAFF! The Amandas at the front desk were welcoming and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for your positive thoughts!

Our hotel just celebrated its 5th year anniversary on April 2nd! We have been a quality and guest satisfaction, award-winning hotel every year so far! We do our best to keep the property in tip-top shape, and it sounds like you can attest to our wonderful maintenance team! I appreciate the feedback, and feel free to spread the word about Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center!

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had the best night's sleep in a very long time! In addition, Geiers Restaurant located in the Hotel had great food and yop notch service

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

That great night's sleep you experienced was on a Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattress. All our mattresses are Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattresses, and you may choose a room with either one king bed or two queens!

Our restaurant, Geier's Grill, features an American-style menu. It is open daily for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is served 6:00am-9:30am Monday through Friday and 6:30am-10:30am Saturday and Sunday. Dinner is served 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday every day.

Thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Highly recommend for a number of reasons. The staff carried in and out my luggage and coffee when I was on crutches. Their cleaning staff turned in my heirloom wedding band when it was left behind by mistake. The bartender staff introduced me to others and then remembered my name when I returned two weeks later. Also I called to plan a trip for our girls basketball teams and the staff worked with me to accommodate our limited budget. In addition the food has been wonderful! I've been impressed each time I've stayed at this site and I stay on site for business an average of 2-6 nights a month.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Tim H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! This is exactly what our hotel strives for every day, and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know! I will make sure my staff is aware of this review, and you know where we are the next time you're in Madison! Thanks again!

Tim Harris