All reviews nice holiday front desk breakfast buffet pool area fitness center nice lobby cleaning staff rooms were very clean comfy bed would stay again easy access staff was friendly crossfit inns pillows cleanliness channels
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Joe, working the front desk, is the best. We arrived very early in town for our Woman's State bowling tournament and Joe was able to get us our room right away. He was so nice and personable. Shuttle service is very convenient. The pool area was relaxing for adults and very kid-friendly at the same time. Woke up early and enjoyed the 24hr work out room and followed with the breakfast buffet consisting of both cold and hot spread . . . very tasty! I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Madison. Next time our state tournament is in Madison, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

From Mike Wilke, General Manager.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Madison for the Womens State Bowling Tournament. We work with all our groups to learn thier individual wants & needs and then plan our services accordingly - such as having rooms available for early checkin and including our hot breakfast buffet in your rate. I appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience and feel free to pass it along to any other bowlers coming to Madison in the next couple months! Mike.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

My experience over the past year staying at this Hotel has really been excellent. Clean facility, beds are very comfortable, and a warm atmosphere. Most rooms have refrigerators. I can boast of their very friendly accommodating staff. They really seem to appreciate your business and always have nice comments. They ask if they can improve on anything to make my stay a better experience. Their staff continues to ask if everything meets my expectations and truly listen to your answers. They give you an impression that really seems to be a culture that is quite refreshing and impressive to me. I consider myself to be somewhat of an experienced critic as I am a frequent traveler, stayed in many Hotels over my 30+ years of my career basically living on the road. Their Restaurant has incredible food standards, a really talented chef & staff that step outside the box with unique weekly specials that anyone can enjoy. A Bar that is warm and welcoming with friendly bartenders and servers that smile all the time and really try to get to know you. If nothing else, stop by for Dinner and drinks, great experience can be had. Overall, this has been one of the best hotel experiences I have had with any other hotels of this type bar-none. Good job by all.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and some are sunny Upper floors have less traffic noise, yet the hotel is not a noisy place in most locations Many rooms, majority I have stayed in, have refrigerators
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian J
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed overnight on our way home from Florida. It is a little bit off the freeway but was worth the extra drive (about 1 mile off the freeway). Our GPS got us there just fine. This is a newer hotel, it has a small restaurant, a nice pool and a work out area. Our room was clean except as usual when we travel to hotels why do they never clean behind the furniture and against the baseboards? The beds were very comfortable. The shower was the best we used and we stayed at a 5 star hotel in Florida. We did use the restaurant at the hotel and it was excellent. I was surprised at how good it was. There was a local couple that came in just to eat there. It was an "all you can eat" fish night and they both had the fish and enjoyed the food as much as we did. I had the Chicken Marsala which was very good also. The work out area has individual TV's at the treadmills and steppers/bikes etc. You can use your phone headphones and plug in and watch what you want. There is also a main TV on the wall if you prefer. There is free parking although when I made the reservation under parking fees it said "contact hotel" which I did to find out it was free parking. The wifi in the hotel was also the best we had on our trip. It was priced very well.

Room Tip: There are no first floor rooms that we saw. We prefer first floor rooms when we travel, we were on the third floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

From Mike Wilke, General Manager.
Thank you for staying with us on your trip back to MN. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed many of our services and amenities and want to thank you for your feedback. You even touched on several of our most recognized features including our pillow top mattresses, our wonderful food quality (including our Fiday night fish-fry), and our professionally designed Fitness Center. I also made note of the baseboard question and will get that checked out right away! I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest very soon, Mike.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The HI has a nice lobby, resturant, and pool area. Our room on the club level was dusty, some of the furniture was ripped & the bed only had 1 THIN sheet on it. The bedding was the real issue for me. While the top sheets & comforter were nice, I found it dusgusting that no matress pad was on the matress. I eneded up laying a towel on top of the sheets so I could have peace of mind and sleep. On any level especially club, that was unacceptable.
The resturant served a great pizza and breakfast was good. The pool area was clean and the water was perfect.

Room Tip: don't stay in 507
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

From Mike Wilke, GM. Thank you for taking the time to give positive and constructive feedback from your recent stay. We pride ourselves in and strive to continue to earn our award winning service & hotel. While I was pleased to see the favorable comments on our breakfast & pizza & pool – the dust and chair scuffs have been addressed with my team. Our BeautyRest pillow top mattresses get rave reviews and one of their features is a removable top that we regularly launder. Any thin sheet should have been pulled from usage and I certainly apologize for us not having done so. Should you (or any readers) have any questions about our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me @ mikewilke@sixtitles.com. Thanks again, Mike.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Upon arrival we were greated by a warm and friendly front clerk. Check in was easy and simple, We were assigned a handicapped room. As for my boyfriend is handicapped. Are room was very large with a refrigerator. Bathroom was large as well, with a nice roll in shower. Both were very clean. We did not hear any other people while we were in are room. We thought that we might because of the two large families with kids that we ran into in the hallway. We ate dinner at the hotel on are first night. The food was very good. I was surprised by that. And, the service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel and will be returning in the spring.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

From Mike Wilke, GM. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Madison and for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to maintain our award winning service and accommodations and love to hear that we are! We look forward to your return in the spring and appreciate all the recommendations you can share – Mike.